1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would disconnect every fitting one at a time. Clean it and replace the O rings. More likely than not that is your problem
I don’t think it’s the compressor because it looks brand new(i bought the whole motor and put it in). What all could be leaking on the ac? I have never messed with anything from it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would vacuum it down, gas it back up and put in the oil with the leak detector, knowing it is gonna leak back out. Use the little flashlight and find where the oil has came out after dark. I have found a lot of tiny leaks that way. A kit like this is what I have.
https://www.amazon.com/Interdynamics-Certified-Detection-Glasses-438/dp/B003JOB594

This is what I need to do to the 1500. It's blowing pretty cold, but not cold enough for my liking. Except I'm not draining it first, just gonna add the leak detector and see. I have the light and also some yellow glasses for it?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
the glasses help some, i usually just use the light when its pitch black.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I usually vacuum them down so I can use my oil injector and put an ounce or so in the system.

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me forever to finally find the leak. Turns out it was at the connection for the evap core. Slow leak that take about 3-4 months to leak out. Finally fixed that in January of 2019, was cold asf after that. The only issue i run into was that the connector to the blower motor melted away. Had to get a pigtail to get it going and back in businees. I had worked on that system for over 2 years changing parts and vacuming and refilling with freon but it works now as it should.Should now cause everything is brand new.

Next order of the day is that wondering steering or that dead spot between 10 and 2. Got new not rebuilt steering gear, new upper control arms, pitman, idler. Still good are the ball joints lower control arms bushings, inner and outer tie rods and and steering shaft. But thats another project around oct or nov and for another thread.

Leak free for 400 days LOL

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score