1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished my spare front diff. New bearings, 4.56 gear, seals. Going to swap this weekend with rear 4.56 going in too. Also swapping my heads for my ported 706 heads and see if there is any real gains to be had, new lifters going in too. Headers and new alternator and bigger injectors going in same time. Ill get around to doing my body work once i replace the electric motor on my air compressor. anyone have a 7.5 hp single phase laying around?

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front diff installed along with rear gears. Had a giant pain getting the rear pinion preload set but its dicked! Put about 500 miles on the 4.56 gear . They are perfect for the 33" tires. Im very happy with them. In my quest for more power, i ported a set of 706 heads i had laying around, had them decked and now im putting those on with new litters (mine have the tick) i have headers from a trailblazer ss that ive only test fit the passenger side with no fitment issues and i envision the drivers side to be the same. im also putting a e85 sensor in my fuel line and wiring it to my ecm. I already have the flex fuel tune.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent most of my weekend doing yard work so not much happened on the truck. I assembled my heads, had 2 broken exhaust bolts to take out. New lifters in, one head on and passenger header on and hooked to the exhaust. trailblazer ss headers fit (my application) perfect lots of room. I went with them over swap headers based on price. Paid little over $100 for 1 3/4 long tube stainless. Driver side looks like it will be just as the first. I have taller motor mounts and a lift kit so the front diff dropped out of the way helps.
You must be registered for see images attach

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to give just a little clearance to one tube by the steering shaft and these would not work without a lift but so far, im happy. Make some progress on the rest of it. I work at 6 tomorrow so im calling it a night. About 2 hrs and then some tuning and ill post a video.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything is in. Done. Lots of stupid little **** that ate alot of time. Example, the oring on the plug for the radiator was gone and i found this out after dumping 2 gallons in. Welding helmet did not want to darken and then it picked up on the lights and would stay dark. Lot of ******* around with exhaust leaks. But finally together!! It definitely moves more air. Its louder and wanted more fuel to idle right. Got my flex fuel sensor installed. Now sleep for 3 hrs and go to work!