1997 centurion ground up build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to do a cross ram style intake for my blower. I was going to have approximately 12" runners. I wanted to test the torq of it on a dyno and see if the long runners were even noticeable. Injector placement and about of fabing it to make fit would be a nightmare. I have changed my route and going with a straight shot down. Still going to be about 6" runners but a much smoother transition. I made a mock up piece and got my blower height and belt alignment set tonight. I've made great progress tonight and should have it at least tacked together by sunday.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to do a cross ram style intake for my blower. I was going to have approximately 12" runners. I wanted to test the torq of it on a dyno and see if the long runners were even noticeable. Injector placement and about of fabing it to make fit would be a nightmare. I have changed my route and going with a straight shot down. Still going to be about 6" runners but a much smoother transition. I made a mock up piece and got my blower height and belt alignment set tonight. I've made great progress tonight and should have it at least tacked together by sunday.

Is the runner length really gonna matter that much with that bigass blower?

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That and the longer the runners, the less you can see right? Or you thinking full Cleetus on this?
I was going to go have them "X" under the blower to keep the height down. I have 16" of available height before I need a cowl hood lol. It will be roughly 5" higher than a ls truck intake. I'm keeping everything contained under hood.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh that's a good call, but now the added complexity and asspain makes more sense too. I'm curious to see how this shakes out.