1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front is now complete (until the billet insert).
You must be registered for see images attach

This coming week she'll be lowered, the rest of the parts should be here Monday. The next pics of her should be at the new ride height.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the rest of the parts in today, was hoping to have it mostly finished tonight so I could cut the notch tomorrow and be finished but that's not the case. In the process of putting the driver side front back together I couldn't get the drop spring to seat in the lower control arm, it kept popping out. Turns out on the new lower control arms the divot for the end of the spring is shallower than the stock arms and won't keep the spring from popping out. First try with the factory arms I got the spring to seat with no issues. Hoping I'm not stuck with the new ones since I installed em, worst comes to worst I'll swap ball joints over. Only have the driver side lowered, need to finish the passenger side tonight so I can clean the floor and set up for tomorrow.

It doesn't look like much of a difference in pictures but the divot on the stock arm is at least twice as deep.
Stock

Replacement

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the front "finished" last night, when I was removing the passenger lower shock bolts I learned they were cross threaded. One snapped and I got the other one out, but it refused to go back in. Haven't heard anything about the lowers yet, as it stands she'll be done today or tomorrow but will be immobile until the arm situation is sorted out.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the rear down, it's looking pretty good. Need to do the notches then the rear will be done, might have some help finishing it up this weekend if everything pans out.
Progress shot

Mr Eric

Reaction score
Got the rear down, it's looking pretty good. Need to do the notches then the rear will be done, might have some help finishing it up this weekend if everything pans out.
Progress shot

I've always like the clean look of the non wheel flare Burbs.

The two tone effect with the black on bottom with the burgundy is nice.

Good job.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Dope dope ass ride!! Looking super clean but I’d go back to stock bottom color to play off all the tan guts. I see they updated dash lights to kool blue nice touch but the top rear speaker job looks just thrown in. I’d do or go get the paint machined out to make her pop! Then it’s just lil up keep to keep outside looking sharp since wheels are eye catching.