1995 Chevy Silverado electrical problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rolltide72

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a 95 chevy 1500 silverado 4x4 5.7tbi 5 speed manual around 152'000 miles. I'm having a couple of problems including blower motor only working on high, no 4wd, abs and brake light on and when it's cold it stumbles till its warmed up a bit. So I noticed when i shift the 4wd selector to 4hi my blower motor stops and will turn back when shifted back to 2hi. The abs light will flicker also when I try to change the blower motor speeds. Starting to think there is a common source with everything going on and was wondering if anyone has had the same kind of problems or any insight.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked your fuse block for corrosion?? Make sure all grounds are solid.

Rolltide72

Reaction score
Yes I've checked both fuse box and fuse panel inside the cab and they are corrosion free. The grounds I have checked are solid. I was starting to think maybe and ignition switch because just recently it started to click when trying to start never has done that before and the battery/starter are good.

Rolltide72

Reaction score
Yeah but I keep on trying to turn it over than it will finally crank right up. I hardly drive it just trying to get some things fixed on it so I can sell it and buy a square body

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you said battery and starter are good but, that's an indication your starter has a dead spot in the armature. Check ground wires from battery to frame and to fender well, block to frame, and positive cable from battery to starter. If you see any corrosion in the cables you need to replace them.

Rolltide72

Reaction score
Well I checked all the grounds and cleaned them up to no avail when I still trying to shift onto 4hi my blower motor goes off and still no 4wd

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blower problem is most likely the resistor block in the dash. You can access it after you pull the glovebox. It's tight work, especially if you have large hands. Look it up on YouTube.