1994 GMC C1500 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bxander831

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

"New" truck to me:

1992 GMC SLE C1500 RCSB
Single cab
Fleetside
Shortbed
5.7 Liter 350ci V8
Automatic
Running boards
Leer camper shell
Bed liner
Towing package

Owned by an older lady since new 1992
98k original miles
I have big plans for this truck.
It will be my daily driver!
I am seeking suggestions on tires and rims for the truck.
Please send me any other suggestions you have for me!

MUCH APPRECIATED!

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks promising :waytogo: Welcome from Washington!

Drop the back 2" and run 30x9.5's like this... :naughty:

You must be registered for see images attach

bxander831

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks fellas!

Yeah I have seen some good drops; not sure which to go with though. Roughly how much does a drop cost...just a rough estimate?

I'm looking to sell the running boards, camper shell, tow mirrors, bug guard, and grille.

Does anyone know where to find a good brand of phantom grilles?

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site i work in the jackson loomis area as a matter of fact. Looking to get back to the sac town sometime in the next few weeks. Cool truck feels good to be back int he obs world haha. Not sure how much the drop is

bxander831

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTE: This truck is a 1992. Sorry for the spelling error in the Topic Title where it says 1994. I'm doing everything from my smartphone!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Running boards, bug shield & the mirrors ain't worth a whole lot. Last grill I bought was $75.00. Nice shape.
But, if you can get $500.00 for the shell, that'll get you very close to a 4/6 lowering kit. IIRC, they're in the $650.00 range.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
nice truck! if your looking to lower on a budget, you can always pull the coils out and cut one coil off, that will net you roughly 2.5"-3" of drop(the less you cut off the less drop you get). As for the rear, get some 2" lowering shackle and take the center leaf out of the leafspring pack. If you do this there will be a small amount of notching that will have to be done on the bed, but just a few little placed where the leave springs will rub. Lowering this way you will loose payload but it'll ride better than stock. Ive done 3 of my trucks like this. Being your truck probably has the original shocks, it may be a good idea to replace those. You can get drop shocks or factory replacements! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

PS you could always lift it and join the Lifted 2wd Club!!! lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
nice truck! if your looking to lower on a budget, you can always pull the coils out and cut one coil off, that will net you roughly 2.5"-3" of drop(the less you cut off the less drop you get). As for the rear, get some 2" lowering shackle and take the center leaf out of the leafspring pack. If you do this there will be a small amount of notching that will have to be done on the bed, but just a few little placed where the leave springs will rub. Lowering this way you will loose payload but it'll ride better than stock. Ive done 3 of my trucks like this. Being your truck probably has the original shocks, it may be a good idea to replace those. You can get drop shocks or factory replacements! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

PS you could always lift it and join the Lifted 2wd Club!!! lol

No 'C'-notch when you do this? How much drop does this get? No lowered front hanger?
May have to check the pinion angle with this method.
I would think that he would also need shock extenders, just to get the shocks back to a better angle.