1994 Chevy burban K1500 Air intake snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at installing a snorkel air intake for my K1500 that had an engine swap from gas to GM6.5TD,
what is a compatible snorkel fitting would you recommend? I won't be easy for me to get hold of any OEM gear,
but kit made for Nissan or Toyota should be available.

thanks

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply,
yes the former, although I don't intend on submerging the big ol'girl in water anytime soon lol

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search is your friend...

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search is your friend...

I wonder about water backing up through vents on firewall, filling cowl and then into cab?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder about water backing up through vents on firewall, filling cowl and then into cab?
Oh, there's a ton of reasons it's a bad idea, but the OP doesn't seem to be doing it to ford deep water.
There's also benefit to raising the air intake in a dusty environment, so this may be his reasoning rather than water, or maybe he just wants the look.

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
618 Syndicate is right about dusty env and if she looks good with the snorkel on all the better ...lol
as for water getting into cab from the kit, one would hope it will be done properly and sealed with silicone to make
it water ingress proof.
my other reason is heat ... at the mo all I have is a KnN oval filter very close to the turbo as a result it is breathing somewhat hotter air
than it would if it was breathing from outside engine bay couple that with the hot desert env I am in and you come to understand my reasons.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, there's a ton of reasons it's a bad idea, but the OP doesn't seem to be doing it to ford deep water.
There's also benefit to raising the air intake in a dusty environment, so this may be his reasoning rather than water, or maybe he just wants the look.
My god-you used the word "ford"in your post-go to the church NOW!

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snorkels used to be common sense to keep dirt out, that was even the original purpose down in Australia. At some point the jeep crowd decided they were for water crossings and now you see Amazon kits everywhere.