1991 Cheyenne restomod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I wanted the stripes to run horisontaly because the inner roof and the bottom of doorcards does it. Thought it would look strange all of sudden the pattern run vertical....
That makes sense. The other thing I was thinking about is making the pattern show better. If you clocked the pattern counterclockwise it might work. There's too much blue showing as it sits IMO

Shwa Kid

Reaction score
So I heard that the outer sidewindow trim have two version, with or without metal clips. Suppos not interchangeble. I had with metal clip but change to without. I think they work just fine, what am I missing??

You can use the newer style (without metal clips) on the older door, but not the other way around.

The interior looks great! Love the work you're doing, and I agree on keeping the stripe/pattern all going the same way.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This build feels dead ;) Took the bed of to repair damage bedliner and cut up a access hatch to the battery. Also got my inner front fender splash guard or what you call them. Turnd out pretty good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Found some dart iron eagle ss heads on facebook.....when they turned up I was for a 350, so back to square one :(

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
305 and 350 heads are interchangeable. What you want to check is the combustion chamber size to ensure your compression ratio is acceptable. A significant difference from your old heads may require you to change pistons or head gasket thickness.

Yes I know that the are interchangeble but the compresssion will be way to low and change my brand new pistons feels a liitle backwards.....anyways latest news is that I found 187 heads for 25 bucks :) ,crack free

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you cc the chambers, or are you just assuming that 350 heads have larger combustion chambers? What's your piston depth? What thickness head gasket are you using? You can calculate all this out to target your quench and compression, or you can just throw the parts together and hope. There are enough pitfalls and parts combos that hoping isn't realistic. If I get time today (it's cold outside, so it may very well happen) I'll throw a spreadsheet together and post it so people can check their combos before assembly.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you cc the chambers, or are you just assuming that 350 heads have larger combustion chambers? What's your piston depth? What thickness head gasket are you using? You can calculate all this out to target your quench and compression, or you can just throw the parts together and hope. There are enough pitfalls and parts combos that hoping isn't realistic. If I get time today (it's cold outside, so it may very well happen) I'll throw a spreadsheet together and post it so people can check their combos before assembly.

I got oem 305 tpi crank ,pistons and head gasket. 350 heads where dart iron eagle. Heads that was craxked was oem 305 tpi and the ones I have now is oem 305 tbi heads.....have I mention that I hate everything engine :) "Chassi,body, suspension,wheels eaven electrical if I have to but please no engine work ;)