1991 Chevy 1500, 350, 5-Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
JCribb can ya tell me how your reverse lights are wired? It's the only issue I have left to deal with. I installed a new switch on the transmission and need to get the wiring sorted out. Thanks in advance.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Eh, I haven't killed mine yet. I mean, I didn't put it there but it's doing just fine behind this 350 and the one before it. Although for the most part I'm easy on it. But if I need to pull out in traffic or it's time to do doughnuts in the winter I do it..

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
JCribb can ya tell me how your reverse lights are wired? It's the only issue I have left to deal with. I installed a new switch on the transmission and need to get the wiring sorted out. Thanks in advance.

Mine was a factory manual transmission, so I just made the connection. I know on my 4500 it’s very difficult to get to, so I will have to get back to you on the wire colors. It’s up front after the bellhousing on the drivers side.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Eh, I haven't killed mine yet. I mean, I didn't put it there but it's doing just fine behind this 350 and the one before it. Although for the most part I'm easy on it. But if I need to pull out in traffic or it's time to do doughnuts in the winter I do it..

Haha, I was “kinda” easy on mine, but I’m glad I got my issues sorted out.

Reaction score
Mine was a factory manual transmission, so I just made the connection. I know on my 4500 it’s very difficult to get to, so I will have to get back to you on the wire colors. It’s up front after the bellhousing on the drivers side.

Right now I have the lt green wire connected and the blue wire connected from under the dash to the pigtail on the trans switch. I have the black and orange wires dangling under the dash not connected to anything. I wanna believe the black wire is a ground and don't know what the orange wire is for.