1991 C1500 TURBO 5.3/4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I'm over 7500 miles on it now too.
Driving about 60 ish miles a day. Soon it will be 95-100 miles a day when we move to the new place.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
12,000 miles on it now. Had to fix the turbo oil feed hose. Turbine blanket moved back some and the heat kinda messed up my hose. So I had left some slack in the line just incase.
Trimmed off 3" hose and rear connected it.
Ordered a SS PTFE lined braided hose to replace it with.
Besides that, she has been rocking on along.

Been averaging 18-19 mpg lately too. Can't hit the 20 mark for nothing.

Once I get my shop built I'll throw the 3.08 rear end in it and see how it does.

Last edited:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great diagram have mod Mark this for future reference.
I forgot to add.
The signals from the switch to the cruise box for Accel/Resume Coast/Set are 12V+.

And I found out that for my cruise to work the first time I have to press the brake pedal once. Then it works as it should.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's odd. Why do you have to tap brakes once? I know to disable, but to initiate
I dunno. Can't figure it out.
First day I wired it up I had enabled the cruise switch and everything worked cause I had hit the brakes while going out the driveway.
The next time I tried to use cruise it wouldn't work. Finally figured out I had to enable cruise switch, hit brakes once, then I could set my speed and go.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to add.
The signals from the switch to the cruise box for Accel/Resume Coast/Set are 12V+.

And I found out that for my cruise to work the first time I have to press the brake pedal once. Then it works as it should.

Sounds like you have the brake switch and the cruise on switch flipped around. Brake should deactivate.