1990 454ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade w

Reaction score
Just got this. It looks rough, but its mostly the paint. It does run and drive. Trans is great and the engine is in good shape, but has some problems with the ignition and the TBI. Cant wait to get started on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

wade w

Reaction score
My main goal right now is to get it really drivable. It can be driven as is. Just not very far. Either the TBI or the ignition is messed up. I really dont care. Its getting a carb and a HEI.

wade w

Reaction score
Just a few pictures so I can see what it looked like when I got it. Should have taken some sooner. I have done a few things.

wade w

Reaction score
Went to LKQ today and got a few things. Another tailgate. The factory tailgate is beat up on the inside. A airdam without foglight holes. I think it looks cleaner without them. And a aftermarket radio adapter and harness. The factory radio doesnt work. I saw a truck with lowering shackles on it. Didnt get them. I didnt have the tools to get them. Couldnt find what I wanted. Drivers door panel and a headliner. I did kinda fix the drivers door panel. I'll put a picture up later.

wade w

Reaction score
Been a while. Ive been busy with some other projects. Not much, but its something. I think it looks a lot better. Same tires. Paid $75. for the wheels.

wade w

Reaction score
Ive gotten a lot of parts for the truck, but havent really done a lot to it. I did change it over to a carb. Looks great. Ill put some pics up latter. I got some painted bumpers without the impact strips. Put a bed liner in it. Got some heads and a intake. A performer RPM. Had the intake powder coated black. I want 88/98 head lights for the truck. They just look meaner to me. I started putting a radio in the truck. The wiring is a mess. The power wire doesnt have power. Fuse is good and it has power at the fuse. Just not at the radio.

wade w

Reaction score
Just some pictures.

wade w

Reaction score
It had a problem with it idling to high. Thought it was sucking air from the intake manifold gaskets. So I went ahead and put the performer RPM intake on it. Haven't done the heads yet. I want to wait until I get the cam kit so I don't have to take the heads back off to change the valve ssprings.

wade w

Reaction score
If you have never seen peanut port Big Block chevy heads. Here ya go. This is what comes on a 454ss truck.