1989 K1500 - work in progress -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had this truck for a few months now, and just joined this site. I wanted to start cataloging the work I`ve done and keep other people posted on it if I can offer any help. Since I got this truck, I have took apart the front headlight assy, cleaned and repainted all the pieces that needed it, replaced the power steering pump, riveted on the chrome side panels ( the glue was coming off, and rust was behind them ) and rubber coated them, exhaust manifold doughnuts, spark plugs & wires, oil & filter, installed a hitch, rear end swap ( with a lower mileage unit ) new rear shocks, new 285 M/T`s, oil pressure switch, TBI removal and cleanup ( to include IAC valve replacement ) and re-charged the A/C system. The entire bottom of the truck was coated in crusty old mud when I got it, so I crawled under it one day with a pressure washer and went to work. Clean now, but surface rust is abound. In the future I`m looking to do the intake gaskets and install a Edelbrock intake, I want to also port and polish the stock heads when I get them rebuilt, install a better lifting cam, LT headers w/ Flowmasters & NO CATS, get a computer re-flash to account for all of the mods, install 4.56 gears, and give the body a 2-3 inch lift. The truck desperately needs a paint job, as the crappy old two-tone number is slowly rubbing/rusting off. I D/A`ed the roof already and primed it, cause it was the worst area.