1989 C1500, EGR, Headers Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the top row is full, the bottom row has two at far left drivers side. If I put a jumper wire in the top row, LAST two terminals towards the glovebox I get no 12 that it is even reading a connection.. Bad puter? And thank you !!!!

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also when you turn key on, (NOT Start) you hear a whining sound for like 20 secs or so under the passenger side dash. And if you start it up and then turn it off you get the same sound under dash like passenger side for same 20 sec's or so with key off, engine off. Sits low to ground so IDK if they put a external fuel pump in it. I'll listen at gas cap if it's in the tank stock. My 95 does not do that sound under the dash.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting.....you should hear the pump prime behind the cab ,for about 3sec for sure. The sound from under the dash....no clue man!
Ya, maybe an aftermarket online pump tucked up under the frame somewhere. Time to get that rig up in the air.
Not sure why you can't get the code to flash. Is the bulb burnt out by chance? Does it come on when the rest of the lights do their check?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just looked up at my port, a 91. And it has 6 terminals as well. The video I saw dude said 5, that's what I get for trusting!!! I took my "code reader" basically the paperclip in a plastic box and it definitely plugs into the two I said, BUT.....it also has prongs for the bottom row as well. The only 2 there.
My plugin under the driver side dash has 6 terminals on top, two on the bottom far left. If you are correct about 5 on top? maybe this 89 is a mismatched parts build? IDK....

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting.....you should hear the pump prime behind the cab ,for about 3sec for sure. The sound from under the dash....no clue man!
Ya, maybe an aftermarket online pump tucked up under the frame somewhere. Time to get that rig up in the air.
Not sure why you can't get the code to flash. Is the bulb burnt out by chance? Does it come on when the rest of the lights do their check?
THAT is very interesting about the bulb!!!! I never thought of that !!! where does it light up on the cluster?

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you saying the TWO terminals on bottom might read the codes? I don't wanna short anything out just yet LOL Or maybe it has a 91 motor in this 89? and I bought all wrong sensors for a 89 instead of a 91 IDK LOL

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have Moonie gauges?
Is so.....top row, 3rd one over. Comes on and stays on with key on, engine off.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you saying the TWO terminals on bottom might read the codes? I don't wanna short anything out just yet LOL
That I don't know my friend....I believe some other GM's read the bottom row though. So maybe just stick to the top right two.
Are you sure you have them jammed in far enough? You have the key forward but not starting the engine.