Header EGR Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merritt31

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original owner of the truck eliminated the cats and booger welded some exhaust pieces in and in this last snow storm we got the exhaust broke..The Drivers side exhaust is basically open header and the drinker side is still together for now... I'm looking into doing shorty headers and welding up my own exhaust but I'm not sure what to do with the EGR pipe on the driver side manifold. Also what's everyones thoughts on putting the cats back in? I haul wood and plow but sometimes drive the truck to work

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year? What engine? What state are you in? Do you have to pass emissions in your state? Are you just looking to have a truck that runs or are you looking for a performance boost?

Merritt31

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I put all that in my signature but now I don't see it...97 5.7 michigan so no emissions. Right now a truck that runs but would like to turbo it down the road.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I put all that in my signature but now I don't see it...97 5.7 michigan so no emissions. Right now a truck that runs but would like to turbo it down the road.
It’s in your signature. It doesn’t show up on mobile unless you orient your phone in the landscape position. I see it there.