1988 Chevy 2500 4x4 DD Project Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke Girard

Reaction score
Hi I'm Luke and this is my first 4x4 and American made vehicle. I'm a big BMW guy and love slammed cars! So buying this (huge to me) 4x4 truck is super different. I want to lift it but I have a hard time getting into the truck now as I'm only 5"3' and yes I am full grown (Jenna Marbles anybody?). So here's the story with the truck. I saw it on Facebook for $600 and couldn't believe it! I messaged the guy and was at his house the next morning. There was one guy that got there before me but couldn't buy it because of his wife and as I was test driving it 2 more people showed up. When I bought it it ran okay, the 4x4 worked, and it had no stereo. I drove it for a few days like that before I ordered all new speakers, headunit, and dash mount. While those were in the mail I replaced the steering column with one off of my friends parts truck. Mine had a stripped spline and and a broken ignition. I put a brand new ignition into my new column so now I start my truck with a key and not a screw driver! Before the speakers came in I stripped the interior, shampooed the carpet, vacuumed out 27 years of crap that was under the carpet and removed the old sound deadening that was trapping water underneath it. Then I got the stereo and speakers installed and my new mirror installed. Sorry for the super long and lame post. Now here are some pictures.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks like you got a damn good deal!

Luke Girard

Reaction score
Looks like you got a damn good deal!

I hope so! It needs new front fenders, drivers door, bumpers, 3-4" lift, 33's, and some off road lights or a led light bar. But for now I'm going to get the engine running hood and get it to pass smog. Then I can do all the really fun stuff although it'll take a while as I don't have a job and am in school full time to become an Airplane Mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!! Nice starter truck and for a great price! Not a BMW guy myself, but The guys at RLL Have the best set up! Love these cars1

Luke Girard

Reaction score
Had some fun off roading yesterday =)

Luke Girard

Reaction score
So I cut the awful cherry bomb that was on my truck off today. It sounds awesome now but this is what the inside of the exhaust looked like.

Luke Girard

Reaction score
Last night my friend and I started sanding the truck so we can paint the bottom quarter of it with bed liner. When I took the trim off there was brown paint underneath and the double sided tape is super hard to get off.

Luke Girard

Reaction score
So my friend bailed on me so only my drivers door is painted and the rest of the truck looks stupid. =( My Dad won't let me sand or paint in our garage or the driveway so I have no idea how I'm going to finish it.