1988-1998 Chevy & GMC Ground Strap Kits (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For Sale: Ground Strap kits for Chevy and GMC Trucks equipped with the TBI and Vortec engines. The kit includes 2 aviation quality copper tinned ground straps, that connect between 1) Firewall to Frame, 2) Passenger side engine Head to Firewall.

Ground Straps are an often overlooked part of the electrical system. Ground Straps work by providing a path of LOW resistance for your trucks grounding system. Without ground straps or with worn, corroded, rusted, broken, or missing OE ground straps, your ground circuit has to travel through connections where the body panels meet (EG. Fender to cab bolts, etc) which can cause a high resistance and therefore cause all kinds of different problems with your electrical system.

With a new set of ground straps installed on your truck, it will allow your vehicles grounds a low resistance path back to the negative battery terminal (Which is connected to the intake manifold on the engine), which can benefit your trucks electrical system greatly. Ground straps a lot of times never get installed again when doing motor swaps or the like, and they are something that should be on ALL trucks and in good condition for the best performance out of your trucks electrical system.

The kit comes with complete install directions, and 2 tinned aviation copper ground straps. Installation generally takes less then 15 minutes, and only a ratchet and socket or a wrench is required for the install. This is a great upgrade to replace your worn or missing ground straps in your engine bay! These are a LOT beefier and MUCH better quality then the OEM ground straps. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread or shoot me a PM!

Price: $18.95 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states!

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for looking and have a great day guys!

-Baron
aka "Mean Green"

Last edited:

RollTide4x4

Reaction score
Is this something you have more than one of? If so I'll get around to buying some from you but i just dropped alot of $$$ in the truck.

K3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the fuel filler neck!? Im looking for that one and the top engine mount one to the firewall...

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the fuel filler neck!? Im looking for that one and the top engine mount one to the firewall...

That one is not included with this kit, this kit is for the engine bay where ground straps are commonly missing! If you'd like one for the fillerneck to frame, and frame to bed. Shoot me a PM and I can build a set to your needs for you!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Heh now you just gotta come out with a Big 3 kit! Looks good baron will prob be ordering a kit in the near future with longer firewall to frame strap to accomidate a body lift if possible.