16196395 PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zero-E

Reaction score
Hello, new to this forum as far as joining. Been checking it out for a while though.
Bought a 1994 c1500 about 3 years ago from someone who totally screwed this thing up took me a long time to get this thing back so it will run again, but Im missing one thing I need to get it running properly.

The MAT (manifold air temp) sensor and wiring is missing and my OBD tester says the air temp is -40F, and of course it runs very rich. The last part of the puzzle.

Was hoping someone would have the pinout for the PCM that shows the MAT input and output (2 wires) . Ive literally searched for this online for quite a while and cannot find what I need. think I'll just run new wires from the back of the PCM to the sensor. Tired of searching for cut off wires (there has been a few).

The 427 is the same PCM as I understand but i can't find that one either.

The previous owner should not be allowed to touch any sharp tools in my opinion, he had the spark advance unhooked, 454 high output injectors etc etc etc on and on

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MAT (manifold air temp) sensor and wiring is missing and my OBD tester says the air temp is -40F, and of course it runs very rich. The last part of the puzzle.

Was hoping someone would have the pinout for the PCM that shows the MAT input and output (2 wires) . Ive literally searched for this online for quite a while and cannot find what I need
:welcome:

Here's some documentation on both PCMs scroll down to the schematics. I don't remember a TBI using an MAT, are you sure that's what your looking for instead of a CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor) or maybe an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor? Just because a scanner shows that doesn't mean it's germane to your particular application, HTH :waytogo:

zero-E

Reaction score
:welcome:

Here's some documentation on both PCMs scroll down to the schematics. I don't remember a TBI using an MAT, are you sure that's what your looking for instead of a CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor) or maybe an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor? Just because a scanner shows that doesn't mean it's germane to your particular application, HTH :waytogo:

Yes it is the IAT, sorry thought GM called it MAT everything else checks out coolant temp, knock sensor ,and all (he had that unhooked too) just shows me air temp -40F thanks for the welcome
that site, which I joined several years ago says they deleted them due to copyright.

zero-E

Reaction score

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. Don't worry about the IAT your PCM probably doesn't use one.

Agreed, I suspect it doesn't use one.

I had two 1995 S10s both with 4.3L VIN Z TBI and neither had IAT. One engine used the 16197427 in the cab, the other engine used a "pre-OBDII" ECU under the hood.

I had a 1995 S10 Blazer with 4.3L VIN W CPFI (central point fuel injection) and it DID have an IAT. It used the 16197427 ECU in the cab.

So there's one example of a single model year w/ the same engine (except their intake / fuel inj / cam) where different configurations had / did not have the IAT.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it needs that for cold weather starting and as an indicator for fuel mixture
No, the PCM will pull timing based on how hot the IAT gets, it won't do anything if it's cold. Your CTS does that.

I had a 1995 S10 Blazer with 4.3L VIN W CPFI (central point fuel injection) and it DID have an IAT.
Probably because it was a Vortec, not a TBI?