14 Bolt SF 9.5" rear end brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have this 14 bolt SF 9.5" rear end and I did a rebuild kit on the axle and ring and pinion and then I just threw it in cause I was doing the lift.

The brakes are shot and I believe the wheel master cylinder is leaking because I have brake fluid dripping onto my tires on the inside. So what brake parts do I need, I want do nicer stuff. I want to just replace everything really brake wise, I don't wanna do disc brakes. Is there like a kit or something?

School me on this, I've never replaced anything but pads ha usually take it somewhere for brakes allows skipped it, wanna do it myself this time.

This is really important time is of an essence its really not safe to be driving it with the brakes so bad, but I keep checking my brake booster and my fluid so I'm alright for alittle while.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You buy the wheel cylinders seperate and then you will want a spring kit most likely. Also think the self adjusters are another kit. Do one side at a time so you have the other to check back too, makes things alot easier to do.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok good well, I appreciate but... What I really meant is, when I go to look for parts.. What should I look up, like what truck should I order for? The axle came out of an OBS 2500LD 4x4 I believe it was. Is that what I should look for though or should I just say K2500? Are the brakes on the 9.5" and the 10.5" the same?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No they're not the same. Order it for what it came out of. Its the lower GVW 7200lb version. Its pretty straight forward.