12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So a little off the 0411 topic but not much. Same exact wiring as the 0411 just running a P59.

First startup of the 383 in the Express with the factory L31 based manifold and ignition, running on a Green/Blue P59 out of a 2004 DBC 6.0L van. So far I have segment swapped the 4L85E, turned the VATS off, set the injector flow rate to match the AUS Injection 48 lb/hr spider and copied the MAF table from a 2002 L31 van into the 2005 Mexican tune. Had to populate the idle tables that were not used with the manual trans. Other than that the mexican 2005 GMT800 L31 cal is relatively stock GM issue.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it harder or easier to work on the engine in a van? They even put the duramax in express vans. And what is the source of the 4 inch maf?

USMCVETGA

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
I NEED A COPY OF THE PIN OUTS FOR 96 C1500 L31 WITH 4L60E, EMAIL [email protected]..thanks much.

Fishinfreak96

Reaction score
Not really, have had all 3. The 97 computer I first tweaked with TunerCats OBD2. Then swapped in a 98 with simple changes to the pinouts so that I could take advantage of HP Tuners better datalogging software. With better datalogging I was able to get it dialed in better. Then swapped to an 0411. 0411 was leaps and bounds better, ran smoother, had better trans shifting, more power and better driveability. Now I run an 05 DBC Green/Blue on a Mexican GMT800 L31 based tune. GM had nearly 10 years of refinement in the 2005 stock tune. Even with the stock tune modified for startup prior to dialing everything in, each progression has run better. Only thing I miss on the Green/Blue is the custom HP Tuners MAF enhanced operating system for the 2002 0411 that allows real time tuning of various parameters like fuel and timing. Green/Blue allows for an easier way to setup E85 and it just works better than the 0411.
When you switched from an 0411 to a p59 I'm assuming(green/blue). Was there any change in the pinouts?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you switched from an 0411 to a p59 I'm assuming(green/blue). Was there any change in the pinouts?
Only pinout changes would be if you alternator is PCM controlled. Otherwise it was pull the red caps off the connector and put green ones in their place. Plug and play. Turn off the 02 sensor heater circuit codes. Older PCM does not control the 02 sensor heaters and the harness is not wired for it. Old 02s still work without the heaters being PCM controlled.

Last edited:

DgTahoe

Reaction score
962DrHoe, E-Mail sent
Hey lextech, I'm new here but I here your the guy that can help with pin out for my 411 pcm swap. I have a 96 tahoe with a 5.7 and auto trans. I'm looking to just get some mild power out of it was thinking crank and cam so I want to be able to tune the engine. Let me know what you need from me in order to get you to send me the pin out. Thanks

Dave1975

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
[email protected] pcm program? Thanks

Dave1975

Reaction score
The benefits are briefly discussed in the first post:

beyond that, the 411 has higher resolution tables for vital things like VE, MAF, and spark, which allows more precise control, and also can be made to support many many different and custom setups. also the upper RPM limiter of 5800RPM that is hardwired into the blackbox (regardless of tuning) can be surpassed with the 411...

if I were to sum up the benefits of the 411 in 2 words, it would be, "more control". if you're stock, or near stock as far as the powertrain is concerned, then the benefits will likely not be too earth-shattering, people in those situations have stated that they get a more stable or 'smooth' idle, but beyond that will depend on thier tune (and tuner). if you plan on staying stock or near stock, then honestly, the benefits may not be worth it to you. however if you plan on doing upgrades, or getting into tuning yourself, then the benefits are very substantial, ESPECIALLY if you ever look at going with forced induction, or custom engine/trans setups.

Depending on who you have tune the 411 if you go with a mail order tuner, they may prefer tuning the 411 vs the blackbox, for the benefit of things like autocals, etc. but again, those benefits on a stock setup will depend on your tuner.

With all my modifications, I can honestly say that the 411 and getting EFILive for myself have been the 2 best things that I've done on the truck....and that includes when I had a blower, and it'll continue to be true after I build my forged 383 with twin turbos...
Im having problems with flare shifts 2nd 3rd keeps down shifting in an out on highway any guess iv heard of the jumper wire but not sure I think I have the new updated black box Thanks

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score