12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adan97

Reaction score
Draggin, I got you
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
hey lextech , i am in need of the pin out sheet for the 0411 swap in a 1997 c1500. Thank You , email - [email protected]

Jaxson Frye

Reaction score
Multiple questions, I built a l31 for my truck (97 k1500), lt4 cam, 1:6 roller rockers, pistons, MPFI conversion, egr delete, and some other stuff. Im going to do the trans when funds are there, and get it Dino tuned. I plan on doing the 0411 swap and was wondering if I would be able to use a digital gauge monitor like an edge CTS 2 to be able to have a better over view of things. The monitor won’t work with the factory 97 setup but will it work after the computer swap?

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Multiple questions, I built a l31 for my truck (97 k1500), lt4 cam, 1:6 roller rockers, pistons, MPFI conversion, egr delete, and some other stuff. Im going to do the trans when funds are there, and get it Dino tuned. I plan on doing the 0411 swap and was wondering if I would be able to use a digital gauge monitor like an edge CTS 2 to be able to have a better over view of things. The monitor won’t work with the factory 97 setup but will it work after the computer swap?
Yes, you can get any OBD bluetooth dongle like an OBDLink and an android device(phone, tablet) to run Torque or similar app. Its way cheaper than trying to do a CTS, and you can use the same tool to do your own tuning. I'd look at the OBDXpro VT and then use LSDroid for segment swaps and read/write, as well as TunerPro RT for your own tuning.

rray670

Reaction score
Just thought I would post. I messaged Lextech Tuesday afternoon, had an email from him this morning, paid him through paypal, and had an email back with the spreadsheet all before noon today. It's going to be a bit before I do my swap, but was very pleased, with getting the sheets.

King21

Reaction score

Jeff
I hear you have the 411 swap pinout sheet

RACINJASON

Reaction score

Jeff
Could I get the pinouts for L31 to 0411 pcm plz
[email protected]