12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TSALI137

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Hey Jeff,
I'm fixing to install an 0411 I purchased pretuned online and I received a pin out sheet but I know you are the true guru for this swap. I'm installing it in my 97 k1500 for an upgraded ATK HP74 engine that requires tuning at start up. I've also purchased a newer gear shifter to have tow/haul. I was wondering if you would be willing to email me your pin out sheet for this swap and any insight I might need before I get started? Also I'm aware of the possible crank relearn,my question is can I do it like I used to by driving at 55 for so long coasting to 45 and back to 55,etc... Or do I need to take my truck in for the relearn,my code scanner doesn't have that option, and how far can I safely drive with this code, I live a good 20miles from town with the closest shop either By 2lane or interstate. One other question, how difficult is it to reprogram these computers, is it something simple where I could purchase a laptop and the right computer harness connectors and HP tuners software. I'm very curious at learning how to do this stuff on my own but I don't know anyone around here that does this stuff that would be willing to explain or teach me. I pickup on stuff quick even though I have not used a computer in 18yrs now,I used to be phenomenal at the plant I worked at when doing cad and accounting with as400,excel and SAP. So I figured maybe tuning would be something I could figure out myself but I don't know anything about it as of now. Same way with mechanic stuff,I'm self taught and have built several engines and rear ends myself. I can tune carb engines but never messed with computer stuff. I look forward to your input and getting the pin out sheet if I can, again my truck is a 97chevy k1500 5.7l. here is my email,
[email protected].
Thanks again,
Tsali

newby96

Reaction score
Hey guys, Looking into this mod for my 2 trucks. I have a 96 k1500 and 2000 c2500. Would love to get the info for this. My email is [email protected]. thanks again for all your help, now and in the future.

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
This is the truth.

Yup we have been using the AUTOCAL for remote datalogging, very useful tool.
Sorry to get this to some1 that possibly knows what a vortec by to vortec v8 swap I missed out on the ecm with the v8 motor. What needs to happen to get my 97 Chevy on the road? Ecm I know but where can I get one? I have a bone stock v6 truck and took it out and put a v8 in it.......

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
Hey Jeff,
I'm fixing to install an 0411 I purchased pretuned online and I received a pin out sheet but I know you are the true guru for this swap. I'm installing it in my 97 k1500 for an upgraded ATK HP74 engine that requires tuning at start up. I've also purchased a newer gear shifter to have tow/haul. I was wondering if you would be willing to email me your pin out sheet for this swap and any insight I might need before I get started? Also I'm aware of the possible crank relearn,my question is can I do it like I used to by driving at 55 for so long coasting to 45 and back to 55,etc... Or do I need to take my truck in for the relearn,my code scanner doesn't have that option, and how far can I safely drive with this code, I live a good 20miles from town with the closest shop either By 2lane or interstate. One other question, how difficult is it to reprogram these computers, is it something simple where I could purchase a laptop and the right computer harness connectors and HP tuners software. I'm very curious at learning how to do this stuff on my own but I don't know anyone around here that does this stuff that would be willing to explain or teach me. I pickup on stuff quick even though I have not used a computer in 18yrs now,I used to be phenomenal at the plant I worked at when doing cad and accounting with as400,excel and SAP. So I figured maybe tuning would be something I could figure out myself but I don't know anything about it as of now. Same way with mechanic stuff,I'm self taught and have built several engines and rear ends myself. I can tune carb engines but never messed with computer stuff. I look forward to your input and getting the pin out sheet if I can, again my truck is a 97chevy k1500 5.7l. here is my email,
[email protected].
Thanks again,
Tsali
Here's my email bro I'd love to know how to pin up my 97 Chevy v6 truck I did a vortec v8 swap. Having running issues not getting all 8 cylinders running at all

JaimeHtx

Reaction score
Can anyone send me some info for a 0411 swap pinout spreadsheet for a 96 k1500 5.7 4l60e bush button 4x4 have not had any luck getting in contact with @Lextech .My email is [email protected]

Last edited:

AaRISTA

Reaction score

Jeff

Hello, Trying to do this 0411 swap on a 97 k1500 suburban 5.7l 4L60E swap. My email is [email protected]
Thank you.