12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He never responded to my contact through this forum. Reluctanse PM'd me his direct contact info, and using that he responded quickly.

I've been comparing Lextech's data for my '98 7.4L to the LT1Swap data to see if there are differences.

On my 97 Express many of the wires were different colors, however I swapped them from pin to matching pin in the spreadsheet and it ended up not mattering. Even if you find wires that are different colors than the chart shows, if it is in the PCM pin called out, put it in the 0411 PCM location. I have found GM used many different wire colors on their harnesses. This is especially true in the 02 sensor wiring.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not trying to make an actual tuning business because of limited free time, but if anyone needs their P01/P59 reflashed, I can rework your 0411 or P59 and ship back to you in the lower 48 for $150 shipped USPS. I have a small stash of good P01 0411s that I can sell outright flashed for 4.3, 305, 350 or LS for $250. Since it adds a bit of time, I can add electric fans, lean cruise if desired, flex fuel if desired on the P59 and tuning for mild upgrades for $50. I can set them up for the transmission you plan to run and you will not need to add the 4 wires from the PRNDL switch because I delete it and the PCM uses the internal switches in the transmission. If you want DBC with a P59 it has to be one that has IAC drivers. The IAC equipped models will also run our OBD2 Vortec A/C setup. I can write most of these with startup tunes for 2 & 3 bar speed density as well but I would recomeend finishing those with in-person tuning and not going into boost until it is fully tuned. As I said I am not trying to make a business out of this, just help my fellow GMT400 owners have an easy upgrade path. I have some spare connectors as well that I can let for $25 a pair too. PM me if interested.

I would just like to point out this is a great deal.
I got an 0411 from a junk yard on a half off day, and it was $44. Reprogramming the ECU cost me another $100 to license the ECU, PLUS another $100 to be able to edit the file.
Great service offered here to get someone going on the 0411 journey.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really looking to finish up my swap if anyone can help me with Lextech email or anyway I can actually get a pin out
i have an email for lextech he responds to if you want to the get the pinouts from him, send me a PM and I will hook you up.

mharristech

Reaction score
I have done the 411 swap and since doing it I have a P0405 cel on. I have to have egr to pass emissions here in Colorado. I have replaced the egr valve with no difference. After doing some testing I have found that the 12 volt wire on the outside of the plug that comes from the pcm will drop to 0 volts when its plugged into the egr valve itself. Which tells me there must be a short somewhere. Anyone have any ideas in where to check next?