12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have done the 411 swap and since doing it I have a P0405 cel on. I have to have egr to pass emissions here in Colorado. I have replaced the egr valve with no difference. After doing some testing I have found that the 12 volt wire on the outside of the plug that comes from the pcm will drop to 0 volts when its plugged into the egr valve itself. Which tells me there must be a short somewhere. Anyone have any ideas in where to check next?
Search around, there’s a whole extra machination to get EGR to work. Iirc it involves running separate 12v source, or something like that…

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have done the 411 swap and since doing it I have a P0405 cel on. I have to have egr to pass emissions here in Colorado. I have replaced the egr valve with no difference. After doing some testing I have found that the 12 volt wire on the outside of the plug that comes from the pcm will drop to 0 volts when its plugged into the egr valve itself. Which tells me there must be a short somewhere. Anyone have any ideas in where to check next?
The 0411 handles the EGR engagement opposite from the black box. Like others have said, do a google search for EGR repin with 0411 swap and you'll find the info you need.

Leebot

Reaction score
He never responded to my contact through this forum. Reluctanse PM'd me his direct contact info, and using that he responded quickly.

I've been comparing Lextech's data for my '98 7.4L to the LT1Swap data to see if there are differences.
Please post the results of your 0411 swap with the 7.4. I am considering going this route as well.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please post the results of your 0411 swap with the 7.4. I am considering going this route as well.
Mine might be a summer project. I wanted the info as part of making the decision to do it.
I've decided to swap, but have to address a dozen other issues and modifications first.
And the sway may be as part of an 8.1L swap.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just have to follow the wiring diagram and EGR needs to be on in the tune. The EGR power source needs to be moved with an 0411 or P59.

mharristech

Reaction score
The 0411 handles the EGR engagement opposite from the black box. Like others have said, do a google search for EGR repin with 0411 swap and you'll find the info you need.
When I did the swap I cut the pink wire and ran a new wire to the pcm directly as per the instructions given. When the connector is unplugged it gets 12 volts to pin E of the egr connector. My understanding of the system is that the outside wires of the egr connector are 12 volts when the connector is plugged in and when the egr connector is unplugged it should loose 12 volts to pin A of the connector. Am I understanding it correctly?

mharristech

Reaction score
Just have to follow the wiring diagram and EGR needs to be on in the tune. The EGR power source needs to be moved with an 0411 or P59.
Egr is on in the tune. I did run a new power wire to the pcm. I cant seem to find a proper wiring diagram for the egr system

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is for a 2001 8.1L, but it is the same as an 0411 5.7L setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

This was the stock 96-97 EGR wiring

This was the stock 98-2000 5.7L EGR Wiring