12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
The spreadsheet is lextech's intellectual property and he asks that it not be given out by anybody except him. Apparently he's charging $20 for it now. PM him with your email, truck year, engine, transmission, and drive. He'll email you back.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The spreadsheet is lextech's intellectual property and he asks that it not be given out by anybody except him. Apparently he's charging $20 for it now. PM him with your email, truck year, engine, transmission, and drive. He'll email you back.

Cant blame him for this, $20 for the hassle to him seems really fair. I'm surprised he went this long without charging.

Brian Brown

Reaction score

Thank you for replying. Sorry I did not mean to step on anyone's toes for asking for the charts. Thanks again

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I read this thread yesterday from beginning to end, I was sold on the upgrade by the first couple of pages, then around the 20th page, I was thinking that this lextech guy is going to be all used up and gone before the end of this thread!!!
Now before I bother lextech for my truck, I wonder if you could answer the "dumb newbie question"?
My truck is a 93 with a 5.7 tbi and 4l80e, I have a complete 97 donor truck with a Vortec 5.7 that I plan on swapping into the 93, including the composite headlight front end. Should I swap everything pcm forward (wiring harnesses and all), THEN tell lextech it's a 97? Or should I bore him to death (like I just did you guys) with all these details?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I read this thread yesterday from beginning to end, I was sold on the upgrade by the first couple of pages, then around the 20th page, I was thinking that this lextech guy is going to be all used up and gone before the end of this thread!!!
Now before I bother lextech for my truck, I wonder if you could answer the "dumb newbie question"?
My truck is a 93 with a 5.7 tbi and 4l80e, I have a complete 97 donor truck with a Vortec 5.7 that I plan on swapping into the 93, including the composite headlight front end. Should I swap everything pcm forward (wiring harnesses and all), THEN tell lextech it's a 97? Or should I bore him to death (like I just did you guys) with all these details?

Get the pinout for the donor truck. You’re going to probably want to swap the entire fuel injection system, dash and interior. See my link in my signature about swapping from TBI to Vortec.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
:Whoa: Looking, but not seeing a signature...
Dash and steering column. Check. I'm heading out to my dad's house Thursday to see what exactly I'm working with.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
:Whoa: Looking, but not seeing a signature...
Dash and steering column. Check. I'm heading out to my dad's house Thursday to see what exactly I'm working with.
Hit the line in red that says "L29 swapped ", that'll get you to his build thread. Just tried it, works great