12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I joined 0411 club last night after months of not getting around to it for various reasons. I was having a low/rough idle at cold start that seemed like the motor was flooding and not so great throttle response. It would occasionally stall at idle as well during cold start. My truck has an L31 with a ZZ4 cam and a black bear tune that was converted to 0411.

The idle, after 2 cold starts, is 2/3 better and I don't it's going to stall anymore. However two problems:

I am getting a P300 misfire code and a blinking CEL at cold start 2/2.

I have no gear position indicator light in the forward gears. It vanishes when I put it in drive,3,2,1.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gear indicator thing may be part of the 411 swap. I remember that I avoided wiring it up by using a .cax file when I did the swap to select that.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
So I joined 0411 club last night after months of not getting around to it for various reasons. I was having a low/rough idle at cold start that seemed like the motor was flooding and not so great throttle response. It would occasionally stall at idle as well during cold start. My truck has an L31 with a ZZ4 cam and a black bear tune that was converted to 0411.

The idle, after 2 cold starts, is 2/3 better and I don't it's going to stall anymore. However two problems:

I am getting a P300 misfire code and a blinking CEL at cold start 2/2.

I have no gear position indicator light in the forward gears. It vanishes when I put it in drive,3,2,1.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
For the bad starts. Try increasing spark timing to like 26 degrees at idle. And increase base idle running airflow by 30%. If that doesn't help, you can crack the throttle body open a little. Fine tune from there.

The engine isn't getting enough air through the IAC right now. Had to the same problem when I first swapped mine.

No clue about gear indicator. Check your wiring?

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The indicator in the cluster gets its signals directly from the switch body on the side of the transmission, changing PCMs would not have affected them, unless you wired up the four wires that needed to be run from the switch to the PCM. They may have gotten shorted somewhere between the taps and the PCM in that case.

63grandsport

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
good evening, can you forward the pinout information for 1997 4.3 to 5.7 swap using the 12200411 pcm to [email protected]

Swamp thing

Reaction score

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

Swamp thing

Reaction score

Jeff

Jeff
just did the 411 pcm upgrade in my 97. Super easy and Jeff’s pin spreadsheet was bang on. Highly recommend this mod

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Without having to read through all of this again. Will the 0411 upgrade make it easier to set the distributor position and also make it easier to adjust for a gearing change?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without having to read through all of this again. Will the 0411 upgrade make it easier to set the distributor position and also make it easier to adjust for a gearing change?

No to the top question, maybe to number two.. imo 0411 swap for just a shift point change is a waste of time.