12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here. I'm trying to get a pinout sheet from lextech, but I don't know his email or really how to contact him. Any help would be appreciated.
1997 K3500
Embarrassingly bone stock 454.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Hey everyone, newbie here. I'm trying to get a pinout sheet from lextech, but I don't know his email or really how to contact him. Any help would be appreciated.
1997 K3500
Embarrassingly bone stock 454.
Scroll up

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Alright. I am COMPLETELY new to tuning, so at the risk of exposing my lack of knowledge, can someone point me in the direction I need to go. I'm trying to do a 411 swap in my truck, and I have never tuned before. I'm getting the pinout, and other than that, what do I need to get this thing to run?
1997 K3500
454/4l80e w/ manual shift transfer case

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. I am COMPLETELY new to tuning, so at the risk of exposing my lack of knowledge, can someone point me in the direction I need to go. I'm trying to do a 411 swap in my truck, and I have never tuned before. I'm getting the pinout, and other than that, what do I need to get this thing to run?
1997 K3500
454/4l80e w/ manual shift transfer case
Not to be rude, but again if you search and/scroll up you will find plenty of information.
Lextech can do a flash on the 0411 for you or you can have Black Bear Performance do the tuning via scan cable for a little more "custom" tune. Finally you can go hog wild and buy hp tuners or efi live and tune it from scratch yourself...
We all want to help but we don't have time to do it for you. Please take some more time and read through the posts here to find out more and then ask more direct questions.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, now before I spend my nest egg on efilive or hptuners, does anyone have any recommendations as to which one would be more preferable than the other? And also, do they work on the black box pcms as well? CASE relearns, etc...

moodoggy

Reaction score
How do I PM you Jeff? Don’t see the option. In need of the file for my swap.

Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, now before I spend my nest egg on efilive or hptuners, does anyone have any recommendations as to which one would be more preferable than the other? And also, do they work on the black box pcms as well? CASE relearns, etc...

I bought HPTuners with advice from a couple other members, I'm excited to use it if I can ever find the time to try and pull data logs from my truck.
My understanding is that it's a little more beginner friendly than EFILive but I never really looked too deep into EFILive;
I think they both work on 98-99 (2000 Classic) Black Box PCMs; 97 has a different OS that doesn't communicate with either software, and 96 is entirely different from all three.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
For anyone that has converted a 454 to electric fans when doing the 411 swap, what did you use? Searching for the best fitting and performing fan assembly. Thanks for any help.