12 gauge amp wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just dont get it,,you ask a question and get great answers,,then you ignore all the options,,if you do it your way,,you are asking for trouble,,hope you have full coverage,,sounds like your gonna need it,,

Also I asked how I could use this stuff I have...not hey what else besides this could I use....but I wasn't rude in my responses so glad your surfing posts to complain about

Tapatapatalk

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd rather you go buy some jumper cables and cut them up just to be safe. Hey, they're already color coded and thick. Pep boys sells stinger cables and connectors and they are priced cheep also radio Shack has cable in the back they sell by the ft

I didn't know RS sold anything anymore besides cell phones and RC cars. At least the ones here don't.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
Im not being rude,,only pointing out the facts,,now if i said you were a raging dum ***,,that would be rude,,see the difference now,,
i guess the guy who said go climb a power pole is rude as well,,,

do as you wish,,,

you already have your mind made up it seems,,as i stated ,,,good luck,,,but i guess that is rude also,,,so GFYWAC,,hows that fancy you,,

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not being rude,,only pointing out the facts,,now if i said you were a raging dum ***,,that would be rude,,see the difference now,,
i guess the guy who said go climb a power pole is rude as well,,,

do as you wish,,,

you already have your mind made up it seems,,as i stated ,,,good luck,,,but i guess that is rude also,,,so GFYWAC,,hows that fancy you,,

Lol..I'm sorry but I didn't know something so I asked of course I'm going to question soothing..and yea he's an *** also for saying that...I'm not am electrician..I can wire, build or take apart(of course most of the time there's left over parts) just about anything..but I lie to ask alt of questions before I do something so I know..and yea it might come off as annoying to some, but I'm not too proud to ask or do something not the most common way...plus I'm a cheap basterd that's how I've made it this far in life lol...didn't start this thread to start a fight or cause drama..I'm just peculiar in the way I do stuff..but luge I said I'm going to scrap the idea (literally) and take that money to radio shack to see if I can buy done proper cord...thank you everyone for your help on making me more of adum *** lol

Tapatapatalk

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
this was not to make you look anyone way,,you asked for advice,,,and you got tons of it,,then said you would just use what you had,,i dunno what you want,,but good luck,,

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I don't know why you would want to solicit opinions and sound advice and then do the exact opposite... but to each their own.

Current draw is also going to be related to the load as well as the crest factor of music being played on the system. The in-box impedance minima and maxima determine the load on the amp.

Also going to be a factor is how the gain is adjusted or (mal)adjusted, you may be pulling more power than the amp is designed for continuously if the gain is set too high and run into clipping.

It is also possible to pass more than the fuse will normally allow for short bursts, the same can be said of circuit breakers. The fuse is there to provide safety in the event of a short circuit condition.