1 Ton Brake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I got into an accident this afternoon because of $hitty brakes, so I think it's about time I put the 1 ton brake upgrade up my priority list. Does anyone have a parts list to do it? I tried looking around the site but couldnt find anything other than "You should totally do it".

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the front? I hear tell that the 2500 calipers will bolt right in place of the 1500 ones, but I haven't actually done it yet so no guarantee. Is there a way to get the 1 ton calipers on there too? IIRC the 454SS had 1 ton calipers so maybe they do bolt up. Is there even a difference between 1 and 3/4 ton calipers?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The calipers for a 3500 an a 8 lug 2500 are the same. To be sure you get the right ones just order some for the same year as your truck but a 3500.

All you can use is the calipers, use your stock rotors an pads. I have them on my truck an they bolt right up.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ACDELCO Part # 18FR652 and 18FR651?

Also, how do I know the proper length to buy when upgrading to braided brake lines?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No one has off-the-dome measurements for SS brake lines? I'll probably want them a little longer than stock to accommodate the eventual lift.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got over to autozone to price some 1 ton calipers, and left with more questions...

They had three different options for 3500s...
Dually vs Single and Rear Drum vs Rear Disc and varying combinations...

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AutoZone website looks like part numbers C-556 ad C-557 would work, anyone got confirmation?