0411 pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

here's what I got so far for the light, cut the tow/ haul out of the dash of a gmt800's in the junkyard then cut a hole with a hot knife in the blank piece above my cargo light switch then I'm going to glue it behind the hole then put a LED behind it so when it's lit it will shine thru. you can get diff color LEDs from radio shack that have a resistor built in so they work with 12 volts and there like $3

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry about pic being sideways not sure how to flip it even tho its straight up on my phone oh well you get the idea

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is gonna look good! hope you get it to work, keep us up to date!

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks I'll try and get it finished soon it's been a slow project due to me doing many projects all at once like 2002 9.5 14 bolt build and swap, finding a mark viii fan, 2006 2500hd alternator swap, escalade dash swap, escalade steering wheel swap with radio controls and get its leather died to match charcoal chevy air bag color. so much to do not enough hours in a day to work on them lol

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

here's a pic of the gmt800 shifter in my truck, the bends in the shifter are different than the gmt400's so it sits at a different angle but didn't take long to get use too

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

here's pic of gmt800's shifters flat spot before modification, it's flat spot is on top sorry the picture got flipped upside-down gmt400 flat spot is on the bottom

here's pic after modification just filed away the metal on the opposite side identical to the other flat spot but don't go as deep into the metal like I did cause it's a little loose in the column now but not really that bad so just do little by little until it slides in just like the gmt400 shifter did

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

In this picture you can see where the orange insulation is broke away and the small white wires are exposed rite next to that black clip that's made onto the wires this is where the wire break after awhile. if you have a gmt800 and you tow/ haul mode don't work, chances is that the wires broke. I not sure how to get the button out of the shifter without damaging it so I can soder on thicker gauge wire. oh and if you rubber boot is ripped or dry rotten you can pull one out of a lot of GM vehicles in the junkyard like Buicks Oldsmobile Cadillac since a lot of them used the same style boot