0411 pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGERM50

Reaction score
Greetings all, I have a question....I picked up a 0411 pcm that i pulled from a
02 Savanna 3500, my question is do I have to flash the pcm with the info for
02 express van or do I leave it like it is? I have a 99 Tahoe and I want to do the swap.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had Lextech do mine but he's out of Chicago area, he's a guy on here, but I'm sure you have to get it turned even though he used a base tune from a 2002 express van but the transmissions are controlled differently and a few other things like A/C control are different too

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He even set it up so I have tow/ haul mode on my 98 4l60e trans, I got a shifter out of 06 silverado with the tow/ haul button and modified it to fit where my old one was since they are slightly different

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He even set it up so I have tow/ haul mode on my 98 4l60e trans, I got a shifter out of 06 silverado with the tow/ haul button and modified it to fit where my old one was since they are slightly different

Got pictures or a thread on that? I'd be interested in doing that whenever I get around to putting a 411 in my own truck.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure what he did exactly in the tuning to get the tow/ haul mode to work but it's was one wire on the 0411 connectors that he supplied that I had to hook to a momentary ground. he mentioned that's the gmt800's shifter uses a momentary ground so grabbed one at the junkyard but you have to check the wires on them cause they like to break, about 80% of the gmt800 I check had the broken wires. the shifter have a connector about 6"-8" down the wires so you might want to cut your wires passed that. as for the modification to get it to fit in our steering column, there's a flat spot on one side of the threaded hole that locks it into the column and the gmt800's have that flat spot on the opposite side so I just use a file and started making a flat spot on the other side of the gmt800's shifter until it fits in gmt400 column, but the flat spot you make doesn't need to be as big as the one on the opposite side other wise it fits kinda loose . I'll get pictures if you guys want but it's pretty simple. first thing tho is you need to have your 0411 tuned to do tow/ haul mode

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already have a 0411 swap with tow/haul enabled, I'm using a momentary switch but think it would be awesome to have it on the shifter like the factory made it. If you have any pics that would be great.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'll get some after work today and I'm also working on a light that will come on and stay on with a push of the momentary on the shifter and off again after I turn the tow mode off, since gmt800's used a body control module to turn the light on in the dash, Pacific Accessory Corporation make a little module that you can easily program to do different things it's call TR-7 they also have a TR-7 pro that you use a computer to program, mainly people use them to make their radios play DVDs while driving

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep us informed on this, I would LOVE to have a light for tow/haul!!