02 simulators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
want to take the cats off my 97 k3500 454 and have heard i will need to replace the rear 02s with simulators, where might i find these and are they plug and play ?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk :shrug:

But I can tell you when you see about trying the spark pug non foulers, don't waste your money. I wound up putting electrical tape over my ses light :nono:

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Either that or you buy and extender (eBay has them, we've checked locally and noone carries them) that will move the 02 sensors directly out of the flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you mean like a spacer to move the 02 sensor out of the exhaust? what does that do compared to just zip tieing them up to the frame haha, just asking cause i dont know. i dont need to worry about anything going screwy with the ecm other than the light coming on do i ?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you will be fine add long as your just removing the rear most O2s. All they do is check to make sure the cats are working.

The spacer or sparkplug nonfoulers just pull the sensor out of the exhaust flow to make it think a cat is still present. The increased flow without the cats is one thing that trips the light

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I pulled my engine light bulb and unplugged rear o2 sensors. The dummy o2 sensors (simulators) are no longer on the market.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I must be one of the only people on here that has had very good luck with the rear 02 extension's, I buy them from my local muffler shop premade and they pull the 02 sensor up out of the exhaust stream about 1 inch, I have installed them on 4 or 5 96-99 vortec 350 truck's and have had no issues with them at all, not once ever had the check engine light come on from the cat's being gone. I even have on my 96 DD right now.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I bought some o2 simulaters awhile back and they worked great for me . I still have the link somewhere, my buddy just bought some about a month ago from em .

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some o2 simulaters awhile back and they worked great for me . I still have the link somewhere, my buddy just bought some about a month ago from em .

Wire in simulators?

Link please, I'd love to get rid of my ses without a tune....

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Yes they just plug into the factory harness and you just ziptie em out of the way . I might have to get you that link tomorrow its saved on my work computer. The company is called afterthoughts auto iirc