Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh is that $1500-2000 putting the motor in myself cuz that just wouldn't happen. I have no idea what I'm doing. I remember a shop quoted me $1700 to do a 5.3 swap for me...Physically getting my **** out and the 5.3 and tranny in is the main thing...Then after that I bet I could button things up but I dunno there's probably ALOT more to it than I even thinking of right now.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping in a Vortec long block with a TBI intake and your factory computer will be the easiest. Then you will just need to make some adjustments to the tune. Much easier than going LS...and an LS isn't going to have the low end a Vortec SBC will.

A Vortec long block won't be a whole lot different than my setup, just a little less cam with a little less compression basically.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, GMPP & Edlebrock both do, and they're both about $400. I got a used performer for $100 with a $40 TBI adapter...

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my free 1500 emblems from Griffin today and snapped a pic of the PlatiDipped bump strips. Also fabbed my exhaust for the header to cat. The long tube collectors come too far back for the factory crossover location, so I had to bring it over between the tcase and the torsion bar crossmember. It's tight, but I've got about 1/2-3/4" in all directions for clearance, so it should be fine.

You must be registered for see images

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
props to griffin for helping a fellow gmt400 brother out :handshake:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. I am going to miss them :( but they are made perfect for your truck man. Sorry about that little delay but I got it done.