99 black box compatible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in the middle of a full one ton swap on the wife's 99 c1500 Suburban called Betty. I have completed the suspension/axle, I'm working towards the transmission now and I'm planning my attack on the electronics. I bought a 2000 c3500 single wheel and using it as the donor for all the parts to be swapped. It was running and driving but has most likely a bad head or at least a gasket. Anyways my question pertains to swapping the black box over when doing the trans swap to the 4l80e and if it would be compatible in the 99 suburban and all of its modules? I have read about swapping same year vehicles like Tahoes and suburbans and it working but nothing on a pickup into a SUV.
I really don't want to do the 0411 at this point in time until I can find a good factory wiring harness from an express van and or add turbo boosties but that's down the road.
I'm just looking for the easy swap since I have to quantify spending money with wife on "project" vehicles and I also have the parts laying around.
Thanks in advance.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are planning on using it for heavy use as the what the 3500 running gear is made for? Have considered the 1500 suburban frame is not a 3500 frame? Just thought about capacity. I know of suburbs being placed on 2500 HD Duramax frame, running gear.

Reaction score
I won't be towing anything over 5k as advertised by the vehicle specs for the 1500 series, mainly I wanted the 14 bolt G80 rear axle with 410s, the added hydroboost brake system and the 4l80 trans. I bought the truck for the same price as the going rate of a trans so not much money was spent and has been a fun project for my son and I. He is in the process of swapping his 4l60 to nv4500 in his 94 c15 at only 12 years old. I really wouldn't be having this question about the black box if he'd let me have that darn 5 speed but he won't part with it.