Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im a creeper lol im PMing you now, ill creep on your camaro build to i guess, ugh so much work though haha, good to do things right or redo them at the least!

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just had to fix the clutch. It are the fork and pivot ball. Totally screwed. Ended up doing a whole clutch kit since it was only another $75 more than the throwout bearing only. Stock replacement 1ton clutch should be fine for what I need and it's way more wife friendly. The old Napa HD clutch was pretty heavy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Had to do it in my old man's garage cause my Camaro is in 1000 pieces in mine. That's though, cause it was a mess. Poor truck has seen a lot of salt over the last 7 years. Even my stainless exhaust is lookin ugly, and it snapped two of the T-bolts on the V-band clamps. Free fix though with the welder as long as it holds up.

I guess I never did post pics of the stainless exhaust project. The aluminized stuff was absolute junk after about 2 years, so I got some stainless 96-98 headers from ebay and some U-bends and V-bands from Summit to DIY (couldn't find a long-tube kit for this year). Surprisingly the 96-98 stuff fit like crap and I had to cut em up. The collectors hit the driveshaft and pointed at the frame so I sliced the primaries and then cut the collector.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those were done a year or two ago. Had a friend TIG em since my MIG with mild wire would rust at the welds. He must have slightly warped the collars cause I had to red RTV them to seal. I plan to slowly weld the ones I'm doing for my Camaro assembled...hopefully that works as a heat sink and eliminate warpage.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
first time seeing this thread. I dig the headers.

I see your in Walton. I used to live in Delhi. Living in Schoharie now

Last edited:

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got to play in the snow with it this week. Got 30" in about 24hrs and the roads were the worst I've ever seen. I had to chauffeur the wife to work at the ER in the LimouZine71. Never got it stuck though! And I was the only one who made it in to work for 2 days. haha

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fair parking lot got a little nasty, so I had to pull my uncle out. Then a friend's father. Then some Jersey guy. Then a minivan! haha

The minivan family gave my wife $100 for pulling them out. I didn't want to do it cause they couldn't hook to the axle and wanted me to pull them out by the seat belt. I thought it was just gonna break stuff and fill it with mud, but it actually came out really easy.

All in all, I only lost a tow strap cause my uncle didn't have a hitch pin to use my recovery strap. After we broke it I borrowed another hitch pin and could actually yank to recovery strap the way it's supposed to work. First time I've used it and it worked nice.

Wifey said I was famous. When she got back to the fair everybody was talking about the old truck pulling out new ones. One of the parking lot staff kids wanted me to SEND IT! haha

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like the new look. Hides the rust.

Gorilla tape on the fender? Where?

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't updated this thread in a while, so here's a bunch of random pics.

I'll also put together a post shortly on my new trailer. Bought one and ended up modifying it already...I really like it though.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll close this thread out now...

Got the wifey fat last year, so a regular cab wasn't gonna cut it. And my truck was getting rusty anyway. I actually bought a clean Z71 in Cali and had it shipped back to NY to build with my built engine and 5spd and 14bolt. But it wasn't meant to be...cause the wife stumbled into a 2001 HD 8.1/6spd manual on a Colorado trip and drove that thing home for me. So I sold both the 400s for about the same as the 8.1 cost me. Not a bad deal. Here are some pics to catch up. And a video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And I gotta say, the GMT800 is pretty badass. It was a little ugly at first, but didn't take that much to get it where I'm happy with it. And the stock 8.1 tows circles around even my built 357. And it's rated to pull 15,600lbs compared to the 7,000 legal on my old beast.