Black convenience center plug re-wiring...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy97

Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm new member, but have followed and used many threads on here the last 4 years... had a 97 k1500 5.7l ecsb I built, put 3 yes and 12000 dollars into her, did tranny conversion, 1 ton SAS, 8" lift, crossover steer, and replaced every part just for a tie rod end to snap on my drag link at 65mph and rolled my baby twice last november... did all the work with help from this site...
anyways... I bout a 2000 k2500 7 4l ccsb, long story short the 454 threw Rod, so I put my 5.7l in to get her Goin til I can drop my 650hp 6 0l ls in... the black convenience center plug going into the firewall got cut off on my 97... I have the harness all hooked up and attempted to rewire the plug on my 2000 onto it, but I didn't succeed In wiring it to the right wires... basically when I sent power to fuel pump, it turned my aux fan on etc... question is, is there anywhere I can find a diagram or whatever of which wires go where? Or am I better off rearing the harness down plug by plug and rebuilding it? Can't afford 600$ for a new harness... thanks to anyone who can help...

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would spend the $20 and get a subscription to AlldataDIY for a month. Find all the wiring stuff you need and connector views and print all of it out.
I just did that with a '98 when i put a LS in it for a customer. I removed all the C100 wiring from under the hood and rerouted the C100 wires in the cab for what i needed it to power and ground.

PM me your email and i can send you what i have for the '97.

650hp from a N/A 6.0? How?

chevyguy97

Reaction score
Cam and torque management delete, along with a few other computer tunes, headers, 3" exhaust and some other work. I didn't build, but got from a trusted source who's a mechanic and builds engines. Only motor I've ever built was a 406 sbc race motor that cost me 10k and made my 76 3/4 ton stand up without a flinch. Used to do 3 block burnouts all day on dry pavement lol... my email is [email protected], any chance you know where I could find a harness for decent price? I have the 5 plug black box, was a 60e now a nv3500, and efi 5.7l.. I can't find one anywhere for less than an arm and a leg... thank you for reply btw

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure your being fed a story on the engine.
Heads/cam 6.0 wont make near that much power, Stock 6.0 only makes 315-325hp, if you can almost double the power with just a cam and tune then ive been doing it all wrong.
Torque management delete doesnt "make power" it just slowly lets the available power be applied and then removed for transmission shifting.

But for the Wire harness.
Do you need the whole interior harness that connects to the convenience center?

Rwood881

Reaction score
LT1swap.com is my go to tells you the color of the wires and where they go what pin in the plug and everything! 9/10 times the wires just run back and forth between the fuseblock and the plug

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Cam and torque management delete, along with a few other computer tunes, headers, 3" exhaust and some other work. I didn't build, but got from a trusted source who's a mechanic and builds engines. Only motor I've ever built was a 406 sbc race motor that cost me 10k and made my 76 3/4 ton stand up without a flinch. Used to do 3 block burnouts all day on dry pavement lol... my email is [email protected], any chance you know where I could find a harness for decent price? I have the 5 plug black box, was a 60e now a nv3500, and efi 5.7l.. I can't find one anywhere for less than an arm and a leg... thank you for reply btw
Which harness do you need? Engine compartment side or interior dash side? I have a five plug ECU out in the shop that is available.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Heads/cam 6.0 wont make near that much power, Stock 6.0 only makes 315-325hp, if you can almost double the power with just a cam and tune then ive been doing it all wrong.
Torque management delete doesnt "make power" it just slowly lets the available power be applied and then removed for transmission shifting.

Stock, if it's an LQ4 it's low 300's, but 345 for the LQ9; he didn't say which one. But you're onto something; that's a big number for NA.

OP, check the sticky post section in here for the factory service manuals. They're free to download. You should be able to find both years and the wiring diagrams are in them.

Richard

chevyguy97

Reaction score
Which harness do you need? Engine compartment side or interior dash side? I have a five plug ECU out in the shop that is available.
Really? Your awesome man, I need the engine compartment harness. Plugs into all the sensors, ecu, tranny. Etc... want my number so we can figure out details?

chevyguy97

Reaction score

No I just need the complete engine harness