SkyHighColorado's 94' White Z71 Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Sweet truck reminds of me of my old 4x4 all white i miss it but now i got a obs 2wd. Seeing those lines reminds me of my leaky tranny line under the radiator i gotta get flared. The hose clamps just are not doin it

I agree. So far my tranny lines have been ok, knock on wood. My flare tool didn't go big enough for the oil cooler line which I think Is the same size as tranny lines. I ended up taking it to the shop I bought the fittings at and he hooked it up for free!

Just did an oil change and did a lot of research prior about what oil my '94 TBI likes best. I ended up using mobil 1 high mileage 10w40 + zddp zinc additive to protect the metal to metal contacts on cold starts. Most oil you pick up at the store has to have 800ppm or less iirc and the amount our TBI engines need is 1200+ ppm.
I herd its good for older engines and prevent premature wear. In general, synthetic oils have a higher ppm of zinc compared to conventional.

I used http://www.zddplus.com additive. But next time I may consider AmsOil Z-rod.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
that stuff is amazing! my friend hates it because its green but i have two suppliers for it and get it at about a third of retail price. i changed my oil the first time and it still had color and still was useable for another 3k

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
My Trucks dealership certificate. Birthday is March 19th 1994. A true Colorado Truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my friend looked at my motor and said that was not a bad tranny line he said the front of the motors wet. So i am thinking its a timing cover or something leaking. Would a 30 dollor inspection get it narrowed down you think? Friends said it would have be to soaked and sparyed off to try to find were the leak is. They also said its not ready for a long trip that when the motor gets hot it will leak lots more. Whats your take?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I would soak the affected area with simple green and let it sif for a minute or so and then hose off all the crud. Clean everything so you can tell where it srarts . Try and do this on level ground...trt putting cardboard under your truck and running it for 30mins and see if you can tell. try to determine if its antifreeze cool and red oil or anything like that to. might be water pump. Water pump is easy to check cuz it has a drain that only drains when it leaks.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting yea my friend said it was motor oil he said the whole front of the motor is wet. I am just thinking great. Last night a friend said he hook his jeep out to glamis and just from running it and getting warm or hot when he got it home it had a huge leak. I dont want that happening to me. That sounds like a good idea to use the simple green and maybe some engine degreaser? How much truth is it to the long drive? I have a 7 hour drive ahead of me in the next few weeks. Thanks for all your help

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks tight man. i cant figure out why it looks taller than mine. same lift and tire size lol. good luck with build