Blue 95's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well new rear bumper is on :D

You must be registered for see images attach

had a fellow FSC member from IL work over a stock W/T rear bumper into his idea of a OEM smoothie, turned out amazing. Thank you Ian.

Then I had it painted by one of the best body shops in the state and the owner is a family friend and great guy, he also painted the tailgate bezel and a new set of mirrors which are not on yet.

There is no holes left in the bumper, just have the plate mounted with a lighted tag bolt to be legal.

When she is washed again I will get some new pics :D

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well no one cares, but....

A few new pics of the new mirrors (clear bra'd by a fellow FSC Midwest member 94K1500Blazer and meet with 07burb for pics in Columbia MO:

I have the gauge pod painted with the SEM 15043 blue and it is pretty close but not perfect to the pillars but is to the door panels, 20 years this month takes a toll on interior items. I will run my wires and install when it gets warm in March.

I am saving to get the rockers, cab corners, bottom of the doors, and roof replaced/painted to keep me trucking along for a few more years until I can do a total strip/mods/repaint when it isn't my DD. I just can't justify getting something else and parking this, I only drive 30 miles a day to work and this truck has been good to me.

I also plan to use my points I get on my CC to get amazon gift cards and put those towards a Hellwig or Belltech rear sway bar to compliment my drop.

I also need to replace the outer driver door handle, fix some interior squeaks, and wrap the cat since it is rattling on the trans cross member.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Love the way your truck looks always makes me want a lowered truck

Sent from my SM-N910P

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your friend has a sexy white truck :hump:

:D

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Just read everything. Never thought I would see a lowered z71! I love it. I would love to lower mine but I play off road on trails and dunes. I can't lower mine. Hearing the TBI mods and what they've done for performance and economy really changed my opinion on the TBI completely too. I subscribed because you've really invested into this truck to make it awesome and done everything tastefully. Props!

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the way your truck looks always makes me want a lowered truck

Sent from my SM-N910P

It is quite the transition and I sure do miss the old look, but I love this now!

Your friend has a sexy white truck :hump:

:D
Ya he does, he is sexy too :naughty:
Just read everything. Never thought I would see a lowered z71! I love it. I would love to lower mine but I play off road on trails and dunes. I can't lower mine. Hearing the TBI mods and what they've done for performance and economy really changed my opinion on the TBI completely too. I subscribed because you've really invested into this truck to make it awesome and done everything tastefully. Props!

Well thank you so much man! I do miss it lifted some, but my 4x4 is still fully functional and the Firestone Destination LE2's do awesome in snow, grass, mud, etc, never and issue.

The TBI is a simple, great setup, ya it is less power and torque than a Vortec, but so much simpler and the issues that are common are way cheaper than the Vortec's. The cheap and free mods that can be done to a TBI make it on par with a stock Vortec IMO. I do have a lot of time and a decent amount of money into it, but I just can't justify not to drive it everyday!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've got a bit into mine as well. It's no show truck but after full synthetic regular maintenance, pulling the motor apart in the truck and having it cleaned up I've got more invested into this thing out of love than I could ever get back from selling it. I'll hang on to it and restore it in the next ten years and have a show worthy dune rig. I'm going for the quality you'd see in a SEMA truck from its generation. I've seen a few of them and it's not going to be wildly custom but just built with detail. I can't wait.

jerry7206

Reaction score
Man, I really like your build and have recently been doing a similar build on my 98 Z71. I dropped it today and I like how it sits, however I am hitting the front droop stops just sitting on level ground, I was not sure if you ran into this situation and was wanting to know if you did how did you resolve it. If you did not how much clearance do you have, did you cut them or do ball joint flip? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I really like your build and have recently been doing a similar build on my 98 Z71. I dropped it today and I like how it sits, however I am hitting the front droop stops just sitting on level ground, I was not sure if you ran into this situation and was wanting to know if you did how did you resolve it. If you did not how much clearance do you have, did you cut them or do ball joint flip? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you man! Glad I could be helpful.

Honestly mine rusted off and I have no issues. I am cranked down and don't hit on the front. Just take them off. No flip no way.