Blue 95's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I think after over two years here it's time for a build thread, I know my truck is nothing special, but it has transitioned over the past few years since she became mine.
I bought this truck back in May 2009 before I graduated HS and I after I sold my old lowered '88 RCLB I bought when I was 16.
I bought it bone stock with only LT's and some hacked true duals, it had 134,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Anywho onto the specs:

1995 GMC K1500 SLE ECSB z71
3.73's (GT4) factory 265/75/16's tires
PW/PL/power seats....yada yada
You must be registered for see images attach

It was a farm truck for 11 years that an old man had since new, I bought it from a younger guy who pulled a little landscape trailer with it for a year, it had been smoked in for all that time, yuck.

No worries though after a few weeks and every cheap and free trick I could find plus vaccuming, steaming, wiping it all down not a trace can be smelled at all now, I ask everyone if they can smell it too :lol:

After a good tune up, cleaning, and all that good stuff I got new smoked headlights and parking lights from ANZO USA.

Then I got my windows tinted, 35% fronts, factory ext. cab windows, 5% rear, 5% brow plus I debadged it all.

Then I had to get the terrible exhaust re done, so I had it done from the headers back with a custom y pipe, high flow cat, 3" SI/SO Thrush Welded into a
4" tip. (which get F ed by a road cone on an on ramp I couldn't avoid)

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww168/1988gmc355/?action=view&current=000_0097.mp4

I Then re did all my interior lights to blue and white leds from SuperBrightLed's out of Earth City, MO
Also did Memphis speakers in the doors and a Kenwood USB HU

Through all this time I started adding performance stuff such as a AFPR, Ultimate TBI mods, inj spacer, the exhaust as mentioned above, bumped timing, flowmatched injectors, MSD box (this year), chip for FAstChip, and 2 wd oil filter setup( had a leaky oil cooler line)

Then it was time for some new shoes and rubber :D, I let my buddy help me out on speeding up that process :lol: (2 nd pic)

New wheels came in- Polished Pro Comp 1089's 16x8's 4.51 BS

Tires are Cooper Discoverer ST's - 285/75/16 flavor and Cowl hood went on last summer and cranked to level, no block in rear from factory

Then came the smoothie W/T bumper

I did the valence lighting early last year, the upper corners early this year and winter wheels last year, the are from a NBS

Then this past year I have spent more time on the paint getting it clean, keeping the interior clean, and just keeping it nice and maintained.
I had intake gaskets done, lower BJ's, idler, pitman arms, u joints, driver hinge pins, front brakes, alignment, all fluids done at initial purchase and etc.

Here it sits now with 168K, a Diesel bumper from a 96 3500 W/T, smoked tails and corners by BShaips.
Also have a 18" Dynomax Bullet ran out the back at the bumper.

That's it so far.

Future plans include a sub under the rear seat, smoothie tailgate, 4.30's, smoothie handles, NBS rear bumper, built 4L60E, mild 454 TBI, and more cleaning on the paint and bringing it back to life.
Enjoy!!

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I thought I would update this thread since it has been a while. I sold my Pro Comp wheels and tires and have my NBS steelies and 265/75/16's on now.
I have Belltech lowering shackles and hangers waiting to go on, purple keys and all new set of Energy Suspension shackle and spring bushings are on the way.
Hope to have the shackles on in the next 3 weeks then crank the front down to match that until I get funds to do hangers and keys.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I loved it the way it was in your sig. looks like an awesome daily! Either way that thing will be sweet lowered!

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Awww your lowering it? I think it looks grreat the way it is. Bit then again, it is your truck. Im sure it will turn out great

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I loved it the way it was in your sig. looks like an awesome daily! Either way that thing will be sweet lowered!

I really did too, I love the look, but the ride is not that great, tire noise got old, and MPG's sucked. It is an awesome daily and I can't wait to have it lowered.

Awww your lowering it? I think it looks grreat the way it is. Bit then again, it is your truck. Im sure it will turn out great

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

THank you! I like it too, but I am just ready for change :lol:

x2!!

and Red91... why have i not seen pics of your truck before?! sweet truck...and post moar pics!

sorry for the thread jack devin.. and welcome to the dark side :)

:evil: So stoked.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the nicest trucks on the site in my opinion man.

wow thank you so much, loving yours as well and the color combo is to kill for

what rim/tire combo are you planning on running when its lowered?

HEre is how it sits now and will be running them until I get it all lowered and settled. They are NBS steelies with 265/75/16 A/T's, they were/are my winter setup

In the future though if as I save more money since I am in college I will be getting a set of the new Yukon 17's with some 275/60/17 tires.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Some gunmetal Boss 338's would look AMAZING, just so you know. :waytogo:
I think your truck has convinced me to look into some smoked corners.