Blue 95's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most recent pic of the truck, needs a full detail soon, but have a lot of other parts to replace when the weather stays warm and I get the yard all fertilized and limed.

I have a new ACDelco EGR valve, Delphi o2, plugs, distributor, UD I have had for years, serp belt, upper rad hose, some coolant, coolant expansion tank.

Need to clean the TB again and replace gaskets, change oil soon, fuel and air filter, SS collector bolts

Then I need to make a trip to the junkyard for a different dome light, surburban rear sway bar, mirrors.

Then looking hard at a Powermaster 140A CS130 alternator to upgrade the stocker as I have already put bearings and brushes in it.

Moved the plate down to the valance to free up the bumper, may try to bend the bottom under the valance flush and bring the top up to the bottom of the bumper but the cops are really picky about plates.
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New pics as of today, got her all washed, polished all chrome and SS, cleaned and treated all plastics/vinyl and polished and waxed the mirrors.

Not to shabby for 199K miles :D

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I cannot express how much I love this truck! Its amazing! And also the inspiration for my next 400 im want in to do pretty much the exact same but with a four door tahoe/yukon... 4x4 lowered, and sexy!

sent from the...... ferd

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I wanna buy my father in laws even just to lower a 4wd. Truck still looks awesome

Adam

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you guys! she cleaned up well, can't wait to do a full detail when I get some time.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got a lot done this past week and weekend.

Changed the distributor, EGR valve, and gaskets/filters on the TB, new fuel line o rings and reset the fuel pressure and timing. She purrs now!

Also, I finished my LED swap on the gauges and dash, still waiting on the LEDs for the door switches. I also swapped the stock needles for some off a Denali cluster, really sets it off now.

I need to change some rocker switches still and a few other small things, but I am very pleased, anyway on to pics:

Here is the new alternator I got too from Quick Start Alternators, Randy is a great guy and very nice and knowledgalbe on the phone, this is his version of an HD AD244 140A unit. it fit great, he provided the passenger side bolt and rear nut. This unit hasa 210A bridge rectifier on it so I can change windings and have a 200A unit. It is a factory case that is new, will all the HD goodies in it, from USA front bearings, to Canadian rear, to brushes and windings that he has been using for years from great companies. I am very please, only thing left is to get a ground wire to ground the case to negative battery.

Last edited:

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In love with this truck man... I'm going for the same idea with my '94 Z71.

Plan on mine is to do the OEM style fender flares colormatched white and then do an offset rim with wide/shorty tires on a 20" rim. I want the tires to sit right under the fender flare.

What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing and whats your driving style? I'm trying to figure out how to make my mileage better but its proving difficult.

Thanks man!