Blue 95's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In love with this truck man... I'm going for the same idea with my '94 Z71.

Plan on mine is to do the OEM style fender flares colormatched white and then do an offset rim with wide/shorty tires on a 20" rim. I want the tires to sit right under the fender flare.

What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing and whats your driving style? I'm trying to figure out how to make my mileage better but its proving difficult.

Thanks man!

Thank you! I like it a lot how she is now, I would like spacers in the rear, but it is ok.

well I acg about 14.2mpg in the city to and from work, like 11 stoplights and under 55mph, no a/c running. On the highway running 72 mph, with some gear and the a/c I do about 17-18 mpg.

I have all the normal tbi mods, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, FastChip chip, bit shorter tires, 3.73's, UD pulley, advanced timing, modded stock air intake. Nothing crazy, I baby it most times, but run it hard some days too.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! I like it a lot how she is now, I would like spacers in the rear, but it is ok.

well I acg about 14.2mpg in the city to and from work, like 11 stoplights and under 55mph, no a/c running. On the highway running 72 mph, with some gear and the a/c I do about 17-18 mpg.

I have all the normal tbi mods, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, FastChip chip, bit shorter tires, 3.73's, UD pulley, advanced timing, modded stock air intake. Nothing crazy, I baby it most times, but run it hard some days too.

Wow. A lot better mileage than mine. My truck has all the TBI mods except the adjustable regulator and I don't have a fuel pressure gauge inline yet. How're you liking the chip? I'm not sure where to go for a chip. My trucks timing is advanced, 3.73s, UDs in the future and I flipped the lid on my intake during the summer.

I used to baby it because I figured it got bad enough fuel mileage as it is... but then one day I filled it up and decided to romp on her all day and she got almost identical mileage, so Im not sure whats going on. She runs around 65-70 degrees C (150F) with an aftermarket Rad and a brand new (maybe defective?) thermostat in her. Maybe if she ran closer to 90C (195F) she'd start to run with better mileage? Just looking for places to start.

Truck has a full tune-up, relatively new dist cap, new wires, new ACDelco plugs, timing has been put to stock and re-advanced multiple times, trying to figure it out.

I noticed the return fuel line has a small twist in it by the TB, I'm wondering if maybe thats contributing..

Anyway, enough with my hijack!

I look forward to seeing where your truck goes and if I ever have questions when I get around to lowering mine, I'll probably PM you! lol

What brand of lowering kit did you go with? Belltech hangers and shackles in the rear and torsion keys up front?

I dunno what the brand options are.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In love with this truck man... I'm going for the same idea with my '94 Z71.

Plan on mine is to do the OEM style fender flares colormatched white and then do an offset rim with wide/shorty tires on a 20" rim. I want the tires to sit right under the fender flare.

What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing and whats your driving style? I'm trying to figure out how to make my mileage better but its proving difficult.

Thanks man!

Wow. A lot better mileage than mine. My truck has all the TBI mods except the adjustable regulator and I don't have a fuel pressure gauge inline yet. How're you liking the chip? I'm not sure where to go for a chip. My trucks timing is advanced, 3.73s, UDs in the future and I flipped the lid on my intake during the summer.

I used to baby it because I figured it got bad enough fuel mileage as it is... but then one day I filled it up and decided to romp on her all day and she got almost identical mileage, so Im not sure whats going on. She runs around 65-70 degrees C (150F) with an aftermarket Rad and a brand new (maybe defective?) thermostat in her. Maybe if she ran closer to 90C (195F) she'd start to run with better mileage? Just looking for places to start.

Truck has a full tune-up, relatively new dist cap, new wires, new ACDelco plugs, timing has been put to stock and re-advanced multiple times, trying to figure it out.

I noticed the return fuel line has a small twist in it by the TB, I'm wondering if maybe thats contributing..

Anyway, enough with my hijack!

I look forward to seeing where your truck goes and if I ever have questions when I get around to lowering mine, I'll probably PM you! lol

What brand of lowering kit did you go with? Belltech hangers and shackles in the rear and torsion keys up front?

I dunno what the brand options are.

I love my chip, worth it. YOu can go Fast Chip, Wester's, there is a few other good ones.

Why would you flip the lid in the summer? you want to suck in more hot air so the engine pulls timing and has less dense air? flip it back and pull the choke tube out of the silencer and fender well.

Any codes? 150F is too low, but confirm with an IR gun, it needs to be at 195F.

No problem, always willing to help! Yes I have Belltech hangers and shackles in the rear I got used from AnnieSS on FSC, then "purple keys" from an '09 2500 Surburban for the front, then an alignment.

I also have Airlift Slam air helper bags, they are a must.

If I had the time and space to do it again I would do a notch and shackles, hangers are more work.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you really are running 150 degrees, that would explain why your MPGs are so bad. The computer thinks the truck isn't warmed up yet and runs a richer mixture (like running with the choke on all the time) because of that.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to run the stock intake with a 305 tube in the summer but haven't put it back in yet.

I think a new thermostat and intake re-install are in order.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some new goodies that need to go to the painters :) pics will be posted in a few weeks.