Kevins White Z71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 K1500 z71

Ok, i got this about 8 months ago. Its got 133000 miles. Original every thing, Pretty slow going. I have managed to get some things done to it.

Whats done already.

-Aftermarker headunit / New speakers to come soon, along with re-wiring everything.
-Compass/Temp mirror (Thanks Addiction2bass)
-Black bug gaurd
-Black bed rail covers and tailgate cover
-New Spark plugs, e3 / Wires
-Electric push button start. (Came with the truck)
-Exhaust manifold gaskets were shot.
-Rear brakes rebuild.
-Roll in bed liner
-Dual exhaust (Magnaflow DI/DO muffler from cat back)
-Front brakes: Cross drilled and slotted rotors.
-Front windows tinted 15% rear windows stock tint.
-Painted Frame
-Air bags

Future Plans

-Convert to led's
-Bull bar /w off road lights
-Cd delete pocket / when ever i find one
-2 10" subs under back seat / All new speakers and wires
-Paint grille: Color match
-Billet grille ( Black )
-Headlights (With 6K HiDs) Black housing
-Corner Lights
-Next is P285/75r16
-Level
-Re gear Most likely do 410's
-Cold air intake
-Throttle body spacer
-Avs tail light covers (smoked)
-Led Tail lights.
-New shocks

Here it is from when i bought it, till now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Very slow build. Im adding things slowly but surely lol.

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean as fawk

You want to do a white/black theme? The best looking IMO is colormatch the grille shell itself, then do a black billet insert and black bowtie IMO then you could think about tinted head lights and parking lights but all up to you...For black/white you want to get rid of all the chrome obviously and IMO the grille like I said is way cleaner than black grille shell, then do something with the bumpers either colormatch or black then you'll have it looking pretty good. Also when you get your exhaust you may like some black chrome or satin black tips!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want a stock 98 ecsb Z71 sooooo bad!!! Do you mind me asking what you paid for it at the time???

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean as fawk

You want to do a white/black theme? The best looking IMO is colormatch the grille shell itself, then do a black billet insert and black bowtie IMO then you could think about tinted head lights and parking lights but all up to you...For black/white you want to get rid of all the chrome obviously and IMO the grille like I said is way cleaner than black grille shell, then do something with the bumpers either colormatch or black then you'll have it looking pretty good. Also when you get your exhaust you may like some black chrome or satin black tips!

Yes i want to do the Black/white theme, I just been pondering on what i want to do with the front. But im pretty sure i want to color match the grille shell, then the headlights black and the bowtie black as well. Ive seen a few gmt 400 around here that have the grille shell white. I think thats the way im gunna go. Not sure what ill do with the bumpers as of yet. I just dont like all that chrome, yea know??

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck!

I think you'd be happier with 6000k lights. Just my opinion.

I just want something with tad bit a blue , im running 10K in another one of my trucks. But its way to blue not enough light outcome. I dont like them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Had 8500's. For a week. Just didn't cut it on the backroads. But then, as I've gotten older, the peepers just ain't what they used to be.

Chevytruck98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, thats what ive noticed with my 10k. On backroads there worthless lol. Not sure on how much different 8k would be, but like i said i want that tad bit of blue. I dont want yellow, white.