2 year build almost wrapping up..... OBS Bagged, LS Turbo Swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes running ac, i had to cut up the grille for the intercooler to fit, which is why i am running a phantom grill to cover all the cutting i had to do. Functional and looks good too. I cut up the radiator support and put a mount for the intercooler there keeping the top half of the support hood latch etc in place. This pic is before i cut up the grille and cleaned the residue from the factory side trim. its sitting over ride height also and i had not started my fender exit yet either, to retain my ac I did have to make custom ac lines and route them differently due to the turbo location. I didn't send it out to make the lines either, I got lines and fittings and a ac line crimper and I routed and crimped the lines. The cooper line you see going across the radiator is going to my glass coke bottle coolant bottle :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks good. I am trying to figure out how to fit an intercooler with minimal cutting and was looking at stock duramax intercoolers

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
Looks good. I am trying to figure out how to fit an intercooler with minimal cutting and was looking at stock duramax intercoolers
i went with a 4 inch thick intercooler due to the size of the turbo im running, as long on the inlet and outlets are pointed down your good, if you could find one that is 3 inches thick you probably wont have to cut the grille, but i was looking at it from a function standpoint. my inlet and outlets are 3 inches, if you ran a 2inch inlet and outlet and a 3" thick core you would clear everything.

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, who offers the stainless molding?
Haas Designs, he is on ig and facebook, he can put whatever logo you want or dont want, he does it on cad and then cuts them for you. Has a base plate you paint and then stainless on top or you can do mild steel and paint it, But i opted for him to do it in stainless.

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
A glass coke bottle as coolant overflow. I absolutely love it! That's some high class redneckery.
There's so much time and effort in this truck, the grin on your face is going to break your face when you drive it!
I actually used a diet coke bottle, all I drink is diet coke, nothing much else. So those who know me get it right away when they see it. Since I took the pic it sits slightly lower, but i used cooper line left over from my hardlines on my air ride. In the pic you can see my york 210 engine driven compressor for my air supply, so I not only fit the regular ac compressor, i fit the edc too.... Haas designs made me a custom bracket that bolted on to my ICT Billet accessory brackets.