99 Tahoe 4dr. 4x4 Daily driver, or expensive toy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Alright this is my 99 Tahoe i bought 3 years ago bone stock. It has been my daily driver since then and have tallied 60k miles since I've had her. just a saga of the stuff I've invested, and stuff i will probably be doing soon. Lot of stuff, so just bear with me. This is 3 years of tinkering and busting knuckles. If theres anything I've done that you want me to write a thread about comment it and ill get on it.
:Good or Bad:
this is her stock:

You must be registered for see images attach

Engine/drivetrain:
5.7 vortec
Volant CAI, MSD 6al ignition with Accel coil and bosche plugs and wires, modded throttle body.
Had low oil pressure, Changed the oil pump to a melling HV pump (total pain in the @$$ job, especially on jack stands) fixed er right up.
Changed leaky diff cover (for a shiny one) and swapped to synthetic oil to take care of that time bomb G80 locker. Changed oil in front too.
Planning a 6.0 LQ9 swap with 4l80e 4x4 trans.

Exhaust:
oh boy.....
Ive been through 4 exhaust systems 1: y pipe and single glass pack (annoying, did it myself). 2: true dual straight pipe dumps before the axle with cats (sounded amazing, but just plain obnoxious......did this one myself too). 3: True dual exhaust with flow master super10 muffler (better performance, sounded terrible.). 4: and finally, 2.5" true dual exhaust with an h pipe and spintech 9000s and tucked and dumped 4" stainless tips (by far the best sounding and best performing exhaust). Next exhaust mods: shorty headers, custom 2.5" downpipes with high flow cats?

Suspension:
Even with new tires NO SCRUB.
basically stock
Stock keys cranked all the way. About 3" taller than factory hight. Stays aligned and I've had no issues with it riding rougher than expected. RC steering stabilizer. Monroe oes shocks in the front. Monroe load adjusting coilover shocks in the back (raised the ride hight about 1" and stiffened the ride up very well). Sits at 39" to center of front fender well, 37" in the rear. I am planning to do a rough country 6" (cough cough 5") lift color matched to the truck and replace all the steering components with moog parts.

Appearance and lighting:
My favorite.
20% tint all the way around and an 8" 5% tint banner on the windshield. Cops ask about the tint but never test because its only 20% :evillol: Anzo clear headlights with 6k led bulbs. Smoked/blacked out led tail lights off amazon, with clear led turn lights in the front. ( I modded the original flasher relay to avoid hyper flash) Night shade blacked out corner lights (polished to a gloss) with led indicator bulbs. Night shaded and polished finish 3rd brake light. Plasti-dip black chevy emblem up front. Ive left all trim and badges on the truck, personal preference. 3" Stainless bull bar with 24" led light bar. Custom cut 1/4" thick rubber gap guards with stainless bolts in the front wheel wells. All interior lights are blue LEDs, including dash and radio and ac control backlighting (door lights have white LEDs for visibility). Planning on getting glass lens headlights soon and changing high beam bulbs to 55w HIDS.

Wheels and tires:
1.5" aluminum LUG centric wheel spacers. Ive had them for 6 months, no issues at all. :hmm:
Stock 09 z71 wheels i bought dirt cheap on craigslist.
305 60R18 zitto terra gran g2s. I Just bought these and my wallet is going to be running thin for a while. :shrug:
I want fuel maverick 2pc. 20x10 wheels with 35" nitto trail graps....maybe one day.

Interior/audio:
Light bar switch on dash. Pioneer head unit with custom fab face plate for Rockford Fosgate equalizer knobs to fill old cd player void. Laminate wood flooring in the very back. Kenwood 6.5" 100w component speakers in the front with Kenwood tweeters in the factory location. 6.75" 80w Rockford Fosgate coaxial speakers in the rear doors. 2 RF P2 12s in a custom fit sealed box i built running on a RF 750w Mono amp. (Sounds glorious, subs hit up to 120 Hz so i can listen to ALL music, and still thump when i want to. :evillol: ). Planning on adding another amp for the door speakers and upgrading the alternator as well as changing headliner and interior trim to a different color/material.

And thats about it. Please comment, i would love advice or suggestions! as well as give more info.