LED headlights for W/T front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Wow, I keep looking at this thread... Those headlights look awesome - and looks like the cutoff line is great. One thing I'm always paranoid about with aftermarket headlights is blinding oncoming traffic. I don't have a W/T, but my father does. This may make a great birthday gift for him. :)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
TruckLite is certainly "aftermarket" but shouldn't be considered the same as all the stuff you see on eBay. They're actually a quite large outfit that makes an enormous variety of OEM type lights for all kinds of applications. Pretty much the majority of signals, markers, tag lights, ID bars, etc. you see on heavy and medium duty (and even a good degree of light duty) trucks are made by TruckLite. I wouldn't fear DOT compliance with any of their products, as they're a company that would have actually done the research and design work to be compliant.

Richard

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see the road clearly 6 telephone poles out on high beams :jawdrop:

That is one thing I miss about my NBS with 6 hi mod, could see road for between 1/4-1/2 mile and lit up signs for just over a mile. Been thinking about getting trucklights for jeep so im going to stay tuned on how they last for you.

jcal73

Reaction score
I work as a national tech for a company that builds garbage trucks and concrete mixers.
I have several customers that are using that light in a round version for both safety reasons and longer life.

Jeff

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I really like the output of these!
I've looked and can't find anything similar for composites.
Anybody have any info with pic results?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I doubt you'll find anything for composites... Truck-Lite markets to OTR trucks that are still primarily sealed beam. 7x6 just happens to be common between trucks and automotive.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

I will be playing with some Cree LED headlights in my TB soon Al and the TB uses the same 9006 bulb as your truck so they may work out for you.

Looks great Ruger, got a question for ya though...what are you doing with your old LMC housings :deal:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I will be playing with some Cree LED headlights in my TB soon Al and the TB uses the same 9006 bulb as your truck so they may work out

I've seen the LED's in the 9006/9005's bulb sizes, but no pix of their output. Don't think any other's are on par with the Cree's. The lumens of those definitely seem to be the most over the eBay el cheapo's. Living out here among nothing but country roads, I really would like to see farther down them.
I hit (cough!) 50 & overnight my night vision went for a crap! Need some glasses just to find my glasses!
Look forward to the results!