LED headlights for W/T front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to see a set of these in person tonight on a friend of mines rollback. They are pretty awesome an put the plug an play hid kits to shame. I was skeptical due to the cost of these but as an upgrade from a sealed beam light these are well worth the price...

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are badass. My '88 square-body dually has the Scottsdale single-headlight grille that I was thinking of upgrading to the '89-'91 Suburban/Blazer grille, but these lights might have me reconsider that.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
One of the guys that has a dog that plays with mine @ the dog park is a salesman for an aftermarket truck supply company.
He tells me that he has access to LED headlights in the same size as the quad seal beam units in the early GMT400's.
Two versions. With or without a fan built into them. Why a fan? Apparently the LED's run extremely cooler than regular lights.
They burn brighter when they're warm. On an average vehicle, in average conditions, they heat that the lights do produce is sufficient for them to reach their maximum brightness, but the trucks used up north in very cold conditions, require the fan to circulate the heat from the vehicle to supply the heat for the bulbs to reach their max. potential.
But...here's the kicker.
$275.00 per light with no fan!
$325.00 per light with the fan!
That's $1100.00-$1300.00 to outfit a GMT400 with these!
Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough!!!!!!!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
One of the guys that has a dog that plays with mine @ the dog park is a salesman for an aftermarket truck supply company.
He tells me that he has access to LED headlights in the same size as the quad seal beam units in the early GMT400's.
Two versions. With or without a fan built into them. Why a fan? Apparently the LED's run extremely cooler than regular lights.
They burn brighter when they're warm. On an average vehicle, in average conditions, they heat that the lights do produce is sufficient for them to reach their maximum brightness, but the trucks used up north in very cold conditions, require the fan to circulate the heat from the vehicle to supply the heat for the bulbs to reach their max. potential.
But...here's the kicker.
$275.00 per light with no fan!
$325.00 per light with the fan!
That's $1100.00-$1300.00 to outfit a GMT400 with these!
Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough!!!!!!!

Easy solution to this....Lmc housings with the same Crees I have in my trailblazer...

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For those with the single sealed beam setup, there's another choice for LED headlamps. Maxxima is a pretty well-known name in the truck LED biz and they offer a dual beam 5x7 - http://www.maxxima.com/products/product_detail/614/5X7-Headlamp-Dual-Beam.html#.U005yVVdUT4 - about $200/ea, though. So not much of a price difference with the Trucklite brand but a completely different look, for those that might pick one or the other.

You must be registered for see images

Richard

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how has the headlight been holding up since installed?

Still good as new :waytogo: No fading and seem none the worse for wear despite gravel roads.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since everyone is talking about headlights lately figured I would update. Had them for most of a year and very happy with them, lenses show no signs of fade or other ill effects.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
How are they in foggy weather? I installed some CREE 18 watt drive/fog/work lamps and love them on clear nights but had to turn them off in the fog a few days ago. They caused to much white out. My standard headlights could pierce the fog much better than they could.