I have looked around, and have not found it yet. Drilling holes in cigarette lighter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Funny how PETA is ok with “other” animals eating animals. Why don’t they protest crows eating roadkill?
I had an interesting conversation a few years ago with a former student of mine that leaned in a different direction than I do. My question was, “So, you’ll go to bat vehemently for a chicken egg and at the same time fully support human abortion? How do you justify that?” Her response, I don’t know . . . I can reconcile it in my mind somehow. :rolleyes:

ecords

Reaction score
I installed a double DIN receiver in the dash of my '96 5 years ago and did exactly what you are wanting to do. I have 2 USB ports on one side and an aux jack and HDMI port on the other side. See pictures.

I removed the housing from the dash and used a dremel with a small grinding bit to carefully remove the plastic to the lines I had scribed into the plastic.

Attachments

• Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Closed.jpg
    Closed.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 21
  • Ports.jpg
    Ports.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 21

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already have the ashtray assembly pulled out, and have disconnected all three of the cigarette lighters. I am trying to use a drill press to widen the holes that are supplied by about 1/4 in. Is there anyway to do it, or am I beating a dead horse?

Use a step drill bit aka Christmas tree drill bit. On my wife’s car I took out one of the accessory charging plugs and put one of those dual usb with a volt charge LED display. Just had to splice + and - of the harness to the right terminals .

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A related question. If I have my radar/laser detector plugged into the middle port the detector will shut off the on when I start he truck. But if plugged into either outer ports it will stay on when starting with no effect. I usually turn it off anyway when I'm not driving but I do forget occasionally.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A related question. If I have my radar/laser detector plugged into the middle port the detector will shut off the on when I start he truck. But if plugged into either outer ports it will stay on when starting with no effect. I usually turn it off anyway when I'm not driving but I do forget occasionally.

The accessory ports are uninterrupted constant powered from battery circuitry so the power isn’t interrupted when the ignition is turned on.