I have looked around, and have not found it yet. Drilling holes in cigarette lighter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the rumor but more likely ended up at a joint famous for leatherette filled burgers.
Not gona deny that fact either .. quick story about that ; about 20 - 25 yrs ago in my high school / college days, i worked on a drive thru africa safari park. Drunk redneck owned the place; got a little money from an accident in one of the refineries around here. Well he bought pretty much one of everything, few pairs.. we were just responsible making sure no fences got broke, loading & unloading the animals or people harassed the animals too Bad.

well after few years the business started heading south. He started selling animals. We would load them up at nite and the hot shotters hauled ass with the cargo. There was a red stag giving him all kind of fits to load. finally we heard the rifle crack, ol bullwinkle laid up in the catch pen. Stag is a damn fine meat, so of course we gutted it out just like a whitetail deer. The meat is very red!! (Remember that)

the next nite, had a zebra going out. everyone knows thats just a wild horse! Also anyone whos seen the movie Cowboy Up, when a horse breaks it neck nothing u can do for it. Anyway they were loading it up in a stock trailer,, it went ballistic, fell backwards and broke its damn neck. After some mummble jumble we heard ol faithful 25-06 crack again. Zebra laid out.

lets circle back to who runs the park. Drunk rednck, and a buncha country ass kids, some of them trippin on shrooms and lord knows what else.. What do u think we did with zebra?? Let me tell ya; when deep fried, or on a pit, THERE WAS NOT A BIT OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEEN THAT BACKSTRAP & TENDERLOIIN OF THE STAG OR ZEBRA

so moral of the story, i know ive ate horse at least once.. and tacobell / kfc / wendys has been in hot water more than once for using horse as A filler in meat products. Eaten my fair share there too

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't use a drill press, use a die grinder or Dremel tool. I can understand the desire to change it, those plugs that go in the cig lighter or power port are problematic, mine often wiggle loose in multiple vehicles and the tractor. Besides, even those with basic electrical knowledge know the fewer the connections the better.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not gona deny that fact either .. quick story about that ; about 20 - 25 yrs ago in my high school / college days, i worked on a drive thru africa safari park. Drunk redneck owned the place; got a little money from an accident in one of the refineries around here. Well he bought pretty much one of everything, few pairs.. we were just responsible making sure no fences got broke, loading & unloading the animals or people harassed the animals too Bad.

well after few years the business started heading south. He started selling animals. We would load them up at nite and the hot shotters hauled ass with the cargo. There was a red stag giving him all kind of fits to load. finally we heard the rifle crack, ol bullwinkle laid up in the catch pen. Stag is a damn fine meat, so of course we gutted it out just like a whitetail deer. The meat is very red!! (Remember that)

the next nite, had a zebra going out. everyone knows thats just a wild horse! Also anyone whos seen the movie Cowboy Up, when a horse breaks it neck nothing u can do for it. Anyway they were loading it up in a stock trailer,, it went ballistic, fell backwards and broke its damn neck. After some mummble jumble we heard ol faithful 25-06 crack again. Zebra laid out.

lets circle back to who runs the park. Drunk rednck, and a buncha country ass kids, some of them trippin on shrooms and lord knows what else.. What do u think we did with zebra?? Let me tell ya; when deep fried, or on a pit, THERE WAS NOT A BIT OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEEN THAT BACKSTRAP & TENDERLOIIN OF THE STAG OR ZEBRA

so moral of the story, i know ive ate horse at least once.. and tacobell / kfc / wendys has been in hot water more than once for using horse as A filler in meat products. Eaten my fair share there too
Got a friend of mine that has a house and wife in Vietnam, Long story short engagement announcement was a big family get together,. He sent me tons of pics and they really threw down the food for this. Going through the pics I come across one where he's got one of those wood skewers in his hand and I can't quite make out what it is but he's got this toothy, fake, I'm only smiling because there's a camera in my face grin going on. When I see him stateside I ask what the deal is. He goes into this thing about it's a delicacy, not common, and as the guest of honor blah, blah, It's an insult if you refuse it etc. Eventually I stop him with wtf did you eat? .......... It was a curly q roasted pig pekk*r. I was thinkin it wassome kind of worm or something. It's been a few you years but the "really, dude, you don't need to go to all the way to Nam just to eat a d***." unzipping our fly jokes are still going strong. I don't know if it was the ultimate gag or what they really do. He said it was spicy so no taste past that.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hunting on ranches in south texas and a few around houston / katy, ive ate my fair share of odd meals. Rattlesnake with nerves still moving when it hits the grease will make ya skin crawl ina icky way.

Pronghorn is like chewing dried up leather. Most of the goats if u tenderize it or cook it low / slow isnt half bad. Hell
Even javelinas are fair meal

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Lol, this thread took a left turn faster than a Friday afternoon Thinger2 post!

I think we scared away the OP.

Back on the subject, If a meat has been run through an extruder I try to avoid it. You never know exactly what has been added in the process. Think about the hot-dog stories. I'll stick to real steaks, chicken breasts, pork chops, fish fillets, etc.

Dont get me started on fake meats! They need to add copious amounts of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in order to make a soy bean bleed like a real cow.

Last edited: