I have looked around, and have not found it yet. Drilling holes in cigarette lighter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianblanton

Reaction score
I have looked around, and have not found it yet. I was wondering if there is a way to drill out the 3 hole (1995 only, I think) cigarette lighter holder. There are three cigarette lighter holders, one has the cigarette lighter in it, the other two have "pull" listed on them, and pulling the cover off provides access to the cigarette lighter. They are two small to slide the usb adapters that I have into the slots. Is there any way to drill them oversized to fit the usb plugs? Any help would be appreciated.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those other two things are charging ports, for cigarette lighter compatible chargers. Back in the mid 90s, portable video games were a big thing, and blackberries and other portable digital assistant devices and music players were coming out. For example, my brother had a Sega Game Gear, and we'd let him sit in the third row seat with that, on a long cable, to entertain himself on road trips.
I think the ashtray assembly can be pulled out of the dashboard, and you can access the charging ports from there. IIRC they have an outer shell that unscrews from the inner part, and that's how they're held into the ashtray. May be a connector on the wiring harness to take them out?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any cigarette / 12 volt adapter fits. I know I have a 95. They are accesory 12 volt outlets. It's not the truck, unless there broken. Try a different adapter.

brianblanton

Reaction score
I already have the ashtray assembly pulled out, and have disconnected all three of the cigarette lighters. I am trying to use a drill press to widen the holes that are supplied by about 1/4 in. Is there anyway to do it, or am I beating a dead horse?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are your 12 volt outlets inoperable? Because if they are working your wasting your time, and as I mentioned before try different adapters.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think OP is looking to get a somewhat “factory” flush looking USB port or ports. Nothing I’d ever do, I just have the plug in type for the rare times I might charge my phone.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have looked around, and have not found it yet. I was wondering if there is a way to drill out the 3 hole (1995 only, I think) cigarette lighter holder. There are three cigarette lighter holders, one has the cigarette lighter in it, the other two have "pull" listed on them, and pulling the cover off provides access to the cigarette lighter. They are two small to slide the usb adapters that I have into the slots. Is there any way to drill them oversized to fit the usb plugs? Any help would be appreciated.
Are u trying to install one of these ??

Attachments

• IMG_0563.png
    IMG_0563.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 33