Drilling holes in the floorboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm swapping seats in my '89 from a bench to a 40/60 split and I want to hear what y'all think the best way to go about putting holes in the floor is. I was thinking drilling them and using the proper size carrige bolt with a larger washer on the bottom with a nylock nut on the nee holes, and reusing the factory holes where I can.

You guys know more than me on this subject, so how would you go about this mod?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carriage bolts are fine for decoration, or a yard fence. Never where strength is important. Place attaching hardware , seat to floor in all original mounting positions. Grade 5 or better. In the new holes add a large area washer on the outside of cab to spread the load add strength to outside attachment.

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind. For anyone who needs to know it's a M10 - 1.5
Thanku. Just got my sandblaster cabinet which i will put together, and use to clean up bucket seat hw (just taken out my recently acquired donor truck) prior to getting them upholstered and installed in my actual truck. Ever feel like you need to do like 3 sub projects before you can start working on the ACTUAL project you wanted to work on? I do...