Passenger Floorboard is always damp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver side drain was plugged, so when either a downpour, carwash or hose would fill up the under the cowl, passenger drain couldn’t drain it fast enough and would spill over into blower then onto floor. Check those drains and the famous screw holes.
Yeah,more like he said!
Mine were open and draining well.

tutonetahoe99

Reaction score
Update- I ran a house all along the windshield and it was dry as a bone, it's looking like it's condensation from the AC, and I was missing the ac evaporator drain elbow so that could be my issue. I'm gonna put a new one on and see if that works.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We found out about these from a shop we took our other OBS Burb to, many years ago. It was always damp on the passenger side floor, until we replaced the rubber elbow.
We bought the truck used at a Ferd dealer in central Houston, and the salesman "accidentally" spilled his coffee on it so we'd think that's why it was wet. That Burb was good, for what it was, and we put some miles on it over 7 years. But it was good training for Vortecs and its demise in a bad wreck, got the family into the current Burb and my big truck.....

Grube

Reaction score
Appreciate all the replies, and links to other threads in here. I am also chasing a passenger floor water leak. Windshield was cracked and sealant was bad, so I had it replaced shortly after purchasing truck. I had assumed that was the end of my issues, nope..

I’ve got the carpet pulled up on the passenger side last night, and left a fan and a heater inside the truck to dry it off. Today I will be removing cowl to inspect drains and screw holes, inspect and clean HVAC box drain, inspect door seal and maybe remove/clean/reinstall..

Some pics of the moist truck. hopefully the suggestion in this thread is will help me get this major water leak resolved

Attachments

• IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 8

NYDeer

Reaction score
I knew I could count on thd forum for ideas... After a hard rain, I get some water on the passenger floor. Starting up the blower fan, it sounds like a boat prop until the water clears in a few seconds.
Going to 'investigate' this tommorrow.
Thanks for sharing the info!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good, I came in here to tell you to pull your carpet back. When I bought my 2500 it had wet carpet on both sides and I had to break out the welder and replace some steel as it had been run that way for a LONG time. Yours looks like it's still clean though. Lucky!